Football Shirts

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
jeyelle

Football Shirts

Post by jeyelle »

Hi Everyone

Wanted before I begin to thank everyone for their kind offerings regarding "new business" in an earlier thread, and will put some of these ideas into practice......
My other question is "What is the best way to frame a football/soccer shirt"
I know these go in a box frame, but my real question is how to attach/mount etc....
I have done my own, and seen many around but all seem to have different techniques, so would love to know everybodies theories/ideas in detail, as to how you do yours......

Many thanks in anticipation, and wish you all the best over The Bank Holiday

Jeremy
markw

Post by markw »

Jeyelle - search and ye shall find - well at least a couple of tips on earlier postings for this subject.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I've put some links on The Grumble to your question there.

The worst job* I have ever done so far - well, the most time consuming and the one I had to research most - partly because it was some time ago - was a football shirt with BOTH SIDES VISIBLE ....

NIGHTMARE!

Tried to put customer of with price - didn't work. But Pete Bingham described exactly how I did this job in an article - or maybe his 'agony column' some time ago in The Picture Business. (I should add he described how to do it not 'how I did' it)

If you could get a copy of that issue, and I'm sure TPB would find one for you, it would be a big help to you.

*The worst job I ever had involved Joan Crawford and lobsters!!!!
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

well football shirt frames seem to be the most searched for thing on the search engines in my website vistor stats, and we are doing anything between 5 and ten a week online, and a couple a week in the shop over the counter.

We've sorted out a bulletproof, and idiot proof framing method for shirts, which also lends itself to the customer fitting their own, with good results.
It cant damage the shirt, and its easily and instantly reversible.

I think the website pics we use to sell the ready made shirt cases to the customers are pretty self explanatory, there is a good profit margin in them, and we even sell them to one scottish premier league club and a london supporters club. A picture speaks a thousand words (without the spittle and wide eyed babbling that we manage in the workshop) and the mouldings, spacing and materials are all pretty familiar and readily available. Its the best way we've found so far, and once you get into the swing of it, its a fifteen minute job from start to finish - or an hour if you really hang on all the bells and whistles.
For shop customers we can even include 95% UV glass for £15 on top (retail) and mostly we fit styrene (acrylic).

One tale to relate re: football shirts:

a customer brings us a USED (worn) signed football shirt to frame, and we frame it, then the person brings it back *claiming* "Someone have worn it" (because it "smells") and you can hardly keep a straight face at what this cretin is suggesting, and you are having difficulty explaining that its more likely it smelled before he brought it in, seeing as it came with a certificate on eBay claiming it was WORN by playerX in a match, and besides my staff have better things to do than strip to the waist in a workshop whith a big window onto the main road, which is full of glass and cutting machinery, to parade around in a customers used football shirt while im paying them to make frames. And would he like to see the entire weeks CCTV footage from the workshops and shop - no of course he wouldn't. ...... so anyway, to cut a long story short, I dont frame any shirts that are not brand new merchandise in the bag any more after failing to communicate fully with this cretin.

I think my customer service skills failed me at about the same time my wife started laughing at him and told him to foxtrot oscar out of the shop.