Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
vitalframer
Organisation: Vital Framing
Interests: Woodwork, Photography, Travel, Technology

Artcore Mouldings

Post by vitalframer »

I have a customer who is very keen on an Arqadia Artcore Moulding (8580AC982) but Artcore is only available as a box quantity and is therefore too much for me to handle and therefore order. Does anyone know if a supplier does Arqadia Artcore by the length or as a chop service?

Many thanks.....Bob
"I started with nothing and still have most if left!"
sim.on
Organisation: Hertfordshire
Interests: Classic cars

Re: Artcore Mouldings

Post by sim.on »

I think Glass and Mirror sell Arqadia mouldings. Don't know about artcore though.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Tried asking Arqadia?
huntvambo
Organisation: Framed
Interests: Music, cycling, drinking, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Post by huntvambo »

Wessex / Glass and Mirror certainly sell single lengths of Arqadia moulding but not sure about Artcore, give them a call.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I think you may well be stuck unless you can find a wholesaler with it in stock. Have you looked to see if Lion or Mainline do an alternative?

It is easy for me to say once the horse has bolted so to speak, but keeping a good but modest selection of mouldings is your best option in future. If you allow your customer to go off piste with selection then you end up at best having to buy the minimum quantity which in Arqadia's case is sometimes six on smaller mouldings or worse a whole box as you have found out, either way the profitability of the job decreases. By keeping as I said a modest well selected range you will reduce your wastage and out lay in stock. I usually find with enthusiasm in selling you can convince the customer to take one of your best sellers.

Yes giving the customer choice is a good thing,and you may think that having a wall full of free samples or a catalogue to show someone is doing no harm, but you also have to balance the advantages of having a good selection with balancing the books, at the end of the day you are in business to make money.

Remember the people who advise you that two thirds of your shop should be devoted to mouldings are moulding suppliers!! it is in their interest for you to waste moulding.

Good luck in finding the moulding.

regrads

AG

PS. I have looked at my stock to see if I could help you out. I was hoping you wanted 224OAC590 as I have 6 boxes of it. :Slap: :Slap:
vitalframer
Organisation: Vital Framing
Interests: Woodwork, Photography, Travel, Technology

Post by vitalframer »

OK guys - many thanks for your replies. I will give Arqadia a call and also investigate alternatives at Lion.

Thanks again......Bob
"I started with nothing and still have most if left!"
sim.on
Organisation: Hertfordshire
Interests: Classic cars

Post by sim.on »

Mainline Mouldings Polcore range is really worth a look. They sent me a few samples when I asked. Min. moulding order is 30 pounds.