PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Forum Rankings

Post by John »

I am toying with the idea of introducing a ranking system on the forum. You know, the more you post, the higher the rank.

Not being all that imaginitave, I have come up with the following ranks:-

Novice
Artisan
Adept
Pundit
Savant

Ideas anyone?

Is there a source for suitable graphics which might accompany each rank? I was thinking of stars. Or what about Smileys? 8)

John
Underpinner
Organisation: No business
Interests: Music, painting, reading

Rankings

Post by Underpinner »

Am not keen on the idea of rankings. My own opinion is that tyhey are irrelevant and I don't think they will act as any sort of incentive to people to participate but they could be quite the opposite. My experience of forums is extremely limited but I can certainly support the view that it is extremely off-putting, and bad for a forum, when an individual, or a small group of individuals, seem unable to resist getting in on every topic. I suspect that rankings might tend to encourage some of these.

This forum has made a good start. Above all we need lots more members and that will take time. Let's all be patient, spread the word, especially to our suppliers and their reps (who can tell all their customers in turn) - and we should be going pretty well in a few months from now.
John Williams