Fletcher Glass and Board Cutter and Glas Safe on Ebay

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
jaybee173
Organisation: JFT
Interests: framing

Fletcher Glass and Board Cutter and Glas Safe on Ebay

Post by jaybee173 »

A Glas Safe used to get rid of scraps of glass - seem to remember they were quite expensive in the day - at £25 on ebay with collection in Hornsea or postage - see it here http://ebay.us/tIebCT

Fletcher Glass and Board cutter - model unknown - at £100 with collection from Hornsea - see it here http://ebay.us/cx0U3G
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Fletcher Glass and Board Cutter and Glas Safe on Ebay

Post by Not your average framer »

The Fletcher Terry glass and boards cutter is a much earlier model and was produced before the Fletcher Terry 3100. It was not a bad cutter and for the price it's not bad value for money, but if it's going to be bid up much above the existing price of £100, then it's not particularly great value for money anymore. I had one of these in the early days when I first started and I soon upgraded to the Keencut system 4000.

This earlier cutter uses special blades and does not use the Stanley knife blade pattern, as used on the 3100 model.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Post by Ed209 »

Just to say thank you for the heads up on the Glas Safe

I bid and it is a fantastic bit of kit it breaks down the slithers and broken glass repair pieces in to safe to handle sea glass like bits.

Not sure when they were first made cant find any info about them on the net.
jaybee173
Organisation: JFT
Interests: framing

Post by jaybee173 »

Glad you won it !

Remember making a similar one out of plastic drainpipe when I first started out as I couldn't afford the real thing !

Regards

James