Canon iPF8100 44" Large Format Printer

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
RobC
Organisation: On the Edge Picture Framing
Interests: Boats, Planes & Cycling. One of the three I can afford!

Canon iPF8100 44" Large Format Printer

Post by RobC »

We purchased this printer new in April 2008 and it's been producing fantastic gicleé and photographics prints every day since. It has always occasionally produced an error message that has no consequence on the print quality. As our volume of prints is increasing we have decided that the time has come to upgrade to the new equivilant Canon model - hence the old machine is for sale.

We really have no idea as to the second hand value of this printer, but as it does produce an occassional error message we want any purchaser to be aware of this and it will be sold with this understanding. We're not greedy, but we need something back for the printer, so this may be an opportunity to get into gicleé, photographic or canvas printing at a bargain price.

If anyone is interested in the printer then you probably already know about them; 12 pigment ink, low running cost, 44" wide, roll and sheet feed etc. One print head was new a couple of months ago and the other was new about March, so the both have a huge amount of use left in them. All manuals and standard accessories that came with the printer are included in the sale, as are any of the inks currently in the machine. Any price would need to be plus VAT and we will issue a VAT receipt.

Collection would need to be made from our Market Harborough worskhops.
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Re: Canon iPF8100 44" Large Format Printer

Post by Tim »

What's the error message? They're usually pretty specific, and can give a fairly accurate idea of the likely cost of repair.....
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
RobC

Post by RobC »

It's string of numbers and letters (techy gobbedygook!). I've not made a note of it, but I will if it occurs again.
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Post by CanvasChris »

Access the printer via the web browser and log in as an admin... top right of screen will be error info. It lists the last 5 errors.

iPF8400 will produce even better prints than the 8100 but all your profiles wont work so start again. also calibrate the printer first before making profiles.
It will also use even more ink and carts will go from 60% down to wanting replacing so make sure you have some on the shelf. All from experience as had this since Dec last year after upgrading an 8000
Canvas, Acrylic, Photographic, Fine Art Printing & Framing
http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk
RobC

Post by RobC »

Now sold.