Good quality 32" mount cutter.

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Ste
Organisation: Steve Bentley
Interests: Painting Photography

Good quality 32" mount cutter.

Post by Ste »

Hi, I'm after some suggestions/advice about a good quality mount cutter new or used. I am just about to return a 'Logan 350-1' which I bought Monday on ebay new. I found it to be 'cheap flimsy and nasty' though this wasn't obvious from the photos.

I am an artist and photographer and cut mounts when necessary. I have used a hand mount cutter for some years and decided I needed the extra precision for double mounts etc.
A 32" (I presume that is a standard size) would be all I really need but if I saw a used 48" machine that I could afford I would consider it. I can't justify buying high end 'new' but would search for anything that is suggested to be worthwhile and well made from good materials and if it would cut thicker board all the better. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Steve
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Re: Good quality 32" mount cutter.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

How you going to sell here if its 'cheap flimsy and nasty". Send it back on ebay, just a suggestion
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Post by silvercleave »

Perhaps if you read the article you will note that the item is being returned, KWIK

Ian
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

Oh sorry mate, I read it too quick
Dave

Post by Dave »

I had two keencuts before my CMC, I can only recomend, the second was only purchased to manage bigger mounts. Just have a demo and a go yourself before handing over cash. Having a go yourself is important as you get used to using a machine over time and learn to overcome it's foibles.

Otherwise foster a good relationship with a local framer, you might find in the long run it is better financially, less frustrating and you MAY get a better end product.

Dave
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Post by Tim »

I know it's a fir distance from you, but there's a Keencult Ultimat 48" on eBay right now at £132 with 9 hrs left.
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
Ste
Organisation: Steve Bentley
Interests: Painting Photography

Post by Ste »

Hi, thanks for the attention here, I'm taking notes.

Yes the keencut would be a possibility if he lived on our street. I don't really like anyone else framing or cutting mounts for me. No disrespect meant, it's the independence that's important and I usually put decorative lines round the mounts...
Steve