Tru Vue Supplier in Ireland

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Tru Vue Supplier in Ireland

Post by Moglet »

On a roll here... (ah the enthusiasm of the novice!! :roll: )

I detest non-reflective glass and would love to offer my customers Tru Vue (or similar) glass, but can't find a supplier in Ireland.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Preferably somewhere in Munster, but anywhere on the landmass will do!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
absolute framing
Organisation: Absolute Framing
Interests: Reading the Lion Catalogue

Post by absolute framing »

Hi Aine,

AMD in rathcoole do four of the Tru Vue Products. ph 01 4010130
Museum
Conservation Clear
Conservation Reflection Control
Conservation Perfect view

There the only supplier i know of in Ireland and find there price of Tru-Vue products compared to prices charged in the UK to be a lot dearer.

Hope this is of some help !

Stephen
osgood

Re: Tru Vue Supplier in Ireland

Post by osgood »

Moglet wrote:I detest non-reflective glass and would love to offer my customers Tru Vue (or similar) glass, but can't find a supplier in Ireland.
I don't know what your hatred of non-reflective glass may be based on, but if you are conducting a business, you should keep in mind that your customers may not have the same attitude as you do. You could put people right off doing business with you if you express your "opinion" about this glass to them.

In this business it's worth providing a range of glazing products that your customers may want to buy from you and that you will make money from.

Perhaps once you see some Tru Vue non-reflective, you will be pleasantly surprised. It's etched on one side only and the etch is light and doesn't cut your view of the artwork down as much as double etched, which usually has a large etch pattern. If this is what you base your opinion on, I agree with you.

Tru Vue make a number of different types of glass one of which is Anti-Reflection. This glass is great, but not every customer who hates reflections on their glass will be able to afford it. Non-reflective will often give a solution to the problem of reflections on glass.

Remember, in business we should try to meet the needs of our customers!
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Stephen - thanks for the steer to AMD. (Eddie Hobbs would be proud of 'em!) :)

Ormond - sound advice and welcome. My "despite" for regular non-reflective glass is due to the way it deteriorates image quality.

On a personal level, as an erstwhile framing customer, the first time I had someone frame a piece of my own Celtic artwork (digital image on high gloss photographic medium) I was sold said glass. I was soooo disappointed at the graininess of the image (the triple mount didn't help). Maybe it scarred me for life...

I went to the UK for my introductory training. I saw samples of Tru Vue over there and was favourably impressed. I want to give my customers choice, but I also have finite storage space in the workshop. I would prefer to carry Tru Vue as my alternative choice to float and (tactfully!) educate customers about its benefits. (Note to self: No soapboxing!!)

Now to find out just how pricey AMD are...

Thanks, guys!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.