Gapp Automatic Canvas Stretcher

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
zanart

Gapp Automatic Canvas Stretcher

Post by zanart »

I will soon be placing an order for a Gapp Canvas Stretching Machine at around £5500. Has anyone here got one or tried one???

I have never seen one in the flesh and would appreciate any advice pr tips.

Thanks
Rob
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Hi Zanart

I have not seen this machine ........and I have no information on it other than what is on the web.

GAPP Engineering Ltd
139 Ashbourne Industrial Estate,
Ashbourne, Co. Meath, Ireland.

Can I suggest to you that you pick up a return flight to Dublin and go and see the company and the machine. .......

Ashbourne is just north of Dublin airport.....20 minutes in a taxi max even on a bad traffic day ...........or I would assume that someone at the company should be able to meet you at the airport and take you back to the airport after the have given you a demo of the machine............this could be a good way to check out how proactive they are on customer service......

You would have no problem doing a return flight in one day ...........and at the worst if you needed to over night you could stay at Bewleys Hotel near Dublin airport they run a scuttle bus .... http://www.bewleyshotels.com/dublin_airport_hotel.asp

Good luck

BTW just as a matter of interest how many canvases are you stretching a day..........because if it is low volume I saw a machine in the US a few years ago that was super that would do up to 30-50 canvases a day without putting you in a sweat ...........if you are interested I will try and find the details for you and the name of the company..............I guess it would be about a third of what you are going to spend.........even with shipping and duty on good from the US...
zanart

Post by zanart »

HI

Quantity wise I expect to do around 50-100 per week - But in the shortest time possible. I realise, and currently do, stretch them by hand but this is time consuming. I understand the Gapp machine could do around 100 canvasses in a few hours.

If you have the details of this other machine you mention I would love to see them..
Thanks
ROb
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

http://www.mlsupplies.com/ Tensador

Do a search on the grumble www.thegrumble.com for Tensador to see what people have said about it...........some are using it to do thousands of canvases a year.....

Good luck

PS I see that Lion have the 48" model http://www.lionpic.co.uk/index.php?sess ... uctid=5759
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

GAPP on youtube

AidanW

Gapp Canvas Master

Post by AidanW »

Hello Rob and Dermot,

Thanks for you interest in our machines. The Canvas Stretchmaster production model (as seen on website) we currently manufacture comes in two sizes, 48" x 48" and 60" x 60". It has been on the market for 4 years and has proven very successful worldwide. This machine is capable of stretching 50-60 canvas' per hour.I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will be launching a new manual version of our 48" x 48" canvas stretching machine in an upcoming show, The Decor Expo, in Atlanta. This manual machine is easily transported and can be attached to any table surface, alternatively it can be purchased with free standing legs. The manual machine has been thoroughly tested and it can wrap a 20" x 20" canvas around a wooden frame in around 2 minutes. The price for this machine will be approximately €1300(ex works). Our website will be updated to include information, videos and stills in coming weeks. If you wish to receive further information please do not hesitate to contact us at info@canvasmaster.net or at +353-1-8353116