Wanted Brevetti Prisma supports and Measure

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
daviddeer

Wanted Brevetti Prisma supports and Measure

Post by daviddeer »

HI,
I have just purchased a used Brevetti Prisma (serial no. 104) but it doesn't have a right or left hand support or a measuring scale. does anyone have one? or know where I an get one fairly quickly. I have tried Wessex but they say the Italian factory is on holiday. Lion don't do them at all. Just wondered if anyone could suggest an alternative measuring scale if available.
Giclee is just a term for a little squirt making lots of money
Remember conservation Framing is an art, for everything else there's Araldite
daviddeer

Post by daviddeer »

Sorted the measuring problem, a self adhesive measuring tape (£3) stuck on the top runner did the trick. Probably more accurate than the original one. Lion quoted me £100+ for the 3M marking tape!

Still need a left hand support though?
markw

Post by markw »

August number one excuse - The Italians are on holiday. I use it as my main excuse for anything during August - Lawn needs mowing - sorry! the italians are on holiday. Cant get up in the morning - Its the italians again.

Sorry I haven't an intelligent reply to your question - its the Italians - they're on holiday..
daviddeer

Post by daviddeer »

Guess what,
The Danish are on holiday too!
Try getting Morso bits in August.

I knew I should have been Italian (or Danish).

Anyone tried to get an antique clock repaired in under 12 years. Maybe the repairers are............ITALIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martin Harrold
Organisation: MD of Lion / Member of Executive of FATG
Interests: Developing the business, making our customers happy, skiing, racing my 2CV, enjoying two wonderful grandchildren, etc . . .

Post by Martin Harrold »

"Lion quoted me £100+ for the 3M marking tape! "

We always try to help anyone with any kind of query, as most of you know. But, please remember that the nice pople who answer the phone inevitably don't have the depth of experience that some of our 'more mature' people have. They do their very best, but you won't believe (well, possibly you would) some of the questions we get asked in a normal day.

If you have an unusual enquiry, it's best to send us an e-mail with as much detail as possible and if you give us a day or so, we'll do what we can to help you.

We love the questions, for a some of our new ideas have emerged from examing the background to a query and working out a solution.

For the record, we don't get involved with Brevetti - we leave that to our good friends at Wessex/Origin. We don't sell anything which might be described as a 3M Marking Tape, especially to fit a Brevetti, and where the £100 comes from is a mystery to me. I think that it is a basic courtesy of the Forum that all users should take care to get their facts right before making any post, especially if it might imply criticsm of any member.

And, yes, the French and the Italians do take their August holiday very, very, seriously !
Martin Harrold
md LION PFS Ltd
m 07973 303982
daviddeer

"users should take care to get their facts right"

Post by daviddeer »

Thankyou for your reply to my enquiry for measures & supports for the Brevetti Prisma.
I telephoned Lion and spoke to a gentleman in the technical dept to which I was transferred from the main switchboard. He was extremely helpful, polite and informative. He stated that Lion supported the machines they sold, but they did not sell or support the Brevetti Prisma. In an effort to help me he informed me that one possible solution to the measuring problem was to use a graduated measure self-adhesive product from 3M which he said was very expensive at £100+ and could be specially ordered if I wished as they had provided one to a previous client. My precis of this was made to save posting space, if it caused offence I apologise.
However the implication that I
should take care to get my facts right
seems a little, well .... disturbing. I was quoted £100+ for a 3M product by someone I spoke to at Lion, that is a fact!
The facts are as stated above, nothing more or less, Criticism was was not intended in my post, I was genuinely asking for help with a problem which to date has not been forthcoming. I am not disappointed, angry, or upset by the fact that no-one can help. I asked a question, no-one can help; end of subject. I did not expect the implication that I was discourteous.
For me the matter (and this topic) is now closed and I shall not reply to or read further posts as I will explore other avenues. However I shall not ask for any further help through this forum just in case someone might feel that I have not got my facts right.
Martin Harrold
Organisation: MD of Lion / Member of Executive of FATG
Interests: Developing the business, making our customers happy, skiing, racing my 2CV, enjoying two wonderful grandchildren, etc . . .

Apologies

Post by Martin Harrold »

I too don't want to get into 'Forum' ping pong.

If I had known that you had spoken with our technical specalist, Stewart James-Dyke, then I would have known that you had been given the best possible advice.

It seems that I may appear to have over-reacted a little. I offer my sincere apologies to you for unintentionally calling your integrity into question.
Martin Harrold
md LION PFS Ltd
m 07973 303982