Canvas Transfer for Large Panorama Print

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Canvas Transfer for Large Panorama Print

Post by Moglet »

Greetings all,

I've got a customer who's looking for a large panorama-style image for a large wall. I've sourced a suitable print, but the supplier cannot transfer it to canvas.

The size of the print will be either 1520 x 510mm or (ideally!) 2440 x 810mm (depending on the customer's preference).

Can anyone on the forum do the canvas transfer for me if the customer decides to go ahead?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a quality supplier that produces very wide panoramic canvas prints. Customer is looking for attractive cityscape, btw.

Ta oodles! :)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Lemon_Drop

Post by Lemon_Drop »

Hi Aine.
The smaller size will fit into a Hotpress 360 or a Bienfang 4468 vacuum press but not the larger size, both will take 40 x 60 boards, so not many framers will have a vacuum press to do a canvas transfer using the larger size.
Dermot had a post about a guy in Dublin that does over sized drymounting for the framing trade, if he does he could do a transfer also.
I will paste Dermot's post here.

Joe at Mercury Framing & Mounting provides an extensive trade service for picture framers he has a few very large mounting presses and he is very reasonable………….or when I used him that was the way………….at his rates I could not justify the cost of a mounting press

You can get Joe at 01 4924766…………….tell him Dermot (On The Edge) said he was to look after you…………..Joe primarily provides a trade service to framers………
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Cheers for the lead, Lemon Drop - you're a star! :)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Áine,

Your local Photo-lab may be able to do it too!