Euro Pneumatic underpinner springs

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
jimmy55
Organisation: endofthepier
Interests: petrolhead

Euro Pneumatic underpinner springs

Post by jimmy55 »

Has anyone got a source of the main return springs for these machines please? I'm down to my last one!
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Euro Pneumatic underpinner springs

Post by IFGL »

I would think it's a generic spring.
CRAIG FINN

Post by CRAIG FINN »

Hi Jimmy,

I have stock of the Main springs old Euro part UP10.
Please give me a call on: 07904958149

Regards

Craig
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

You're down to your last one! How many springs have broken? I'm assuming that your machine has the little brass knob on the side to adjust the rate at which air can drive the main cylinder. Perhaps this is set wrong and allowing this spring to be expanding and contacting to fast.

Most people don't realise this, but working a spring too hard will shorten the life of the spring. Just putting in new springs will get it going again, but it might be worth finding out why this keeps happening!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I'm assuming he's down to his last spare one.
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Thanks Craig, I'll give you a call in the morning. Much appreciated.

I have had the machine for 25 years + now so I cant really complain. Its probably consumed no more than half a dozen in that time. My spares have gone and at the moment its running quite happily on one of the pair and I know its bound to fail just as I start a big job, Yes the little brass valve is used regularly depending on the wood in use. Its a great shame the manufacture of these brilliant machines didnt carry of for long after the sad demise of Euro.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Have you tried fusilloni, you get quite a few in a bag!
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

IFGL wrote:Have you tried fusilloni, you get quite a few in a bag!
Cant be bothered to boil a kettle every time :?
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

:giggle:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

jimmy55 wrote:Its a great shame the manufacture of these brilliant machines didnt carry of for long after the sad demise of Euro.
I can agree with that. I've never heard of one ever wearing out and they are really easy to work on in the event of something going wrong, Mine is a Euro 9001, when I get around to it, I'm planning on replacing all of the springs with aero space specification stainless steel springs.

Certified aero space springs are eye wateringly expensive, but the non certified ones are the same product at a much lower price. Failure due to metal fatigue does not affect higher specification springs to the same extent and this results in much longer life.

It's also not a good idea to compress compression springs to any more than about 80% of their full range, this is a "rule of thumb" thing, which "old school" engineers know about. I've no idea what current practice is followed by younger engineers using computer aided design tools.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

What I really need is one of these! ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzTxzI_Hjrs
Alan D
Organisation: Alan Dimmick
Interests: Photographer

Post by Alan D »

Hello, I have a yellow Euro type foot pedal underpinner that I am trying to get back to a working condition. It appears all to be there except the compression spring that attaches to the hammer. Does anyone know the spring dimension or where I could find one these days? I found a 15mm generic spring and will try to attach if I can. I can't find much info on this model.
Regards Alan