Morso blades

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Splitstop
Organisation: Ncs leisure enterprises ltd
Interests: Country sports

Morso blades

Post by Splitstop »

Any advice how much I should be looking to pay for a spare set of blades for my Morso please??
I've read it's best to have a spare set new to frameing only just starting out thanks in advance
tebbles
Organisation: the frame shop
Interests: music, framing

Re: Morso blades

Post by tebbles »

Splitstop

Post by Splitstop »

God bless ya and Thank you
MikeSwannick
Organisation: Game of Frames
Interests: All things zombie. I also do data recovery.

Post by MikeSwannick »

Wherever you buy from, keep the box as they meet the safety criteria for blades in transit to and from a sharpening service (like Mainline offer). My apologies if this is obvious.
Splitstop

Post by Splitstop »

MikeSwannick wrote:Wherever you buy from, keep the box as they meet the safety criteria for blades in transit to and from a sharpening service (like Mainline offer). My apologies if this is obvious.
No not obvious to me thank you for the help & advice I'm new toatley and just kitting out a small work shop as normal for me have no doubt gone OTT

But just trying to get it right 1st time if poss I've bought a Morso a flecher Terry 3100
Logan 850 platinum edge although reading they are not that good????

I've purchased a M3 underpinning machine about ready to start

I've just been on a mission and bought 1200 meters moulding from a guy selling it off looks some nice stuff
Now need to practice practice practice your advice is most appreciated thank you
MikeSwannick
Organisation: Game of Frames
Interests: All things zombie. I also do data recovery.

Post by MikeSwannick »

There are probably 1001 tips worth taking on board, but as a relative newcomer to the art too, I experienced something recently that I wasn't expecting with 2nd hand moulding, and that was the lacquered finish on a wooden moulding came away from the wood under the (correct) pressure of the underpinner. Frustrating after all the work that had gone into the job at that point and no more moulding of the same or similar design to finish the job, plus you don't know if the next piece is in a similar condition until you try and join it.

The old adage 'measure thrice, check twice, cut once' is as applicable to framing as any other manual skill. I'm sure others will wade in with their wisdom.
Splitstop

Post by Splitstop »

Thank you Also Sir Grate Advice

Basically I've bought this lot to practice with I've bought the lot for £99 and about £50 Diesel but as practice material I thought was a bargain there is some lovely stuff in there but as you advise could well and truly cause me some hart ake there's bundles & bundles of the same luckley there is no doubt more then 1200 meters my van is full thank you again for your help & guidance
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

I still have a collection of spare moulding (5 years on) that I bought for £50 when I was buying something else.
I've used the odd bit so got my money back, but it's not quite the bargain it seems at the time as a lot of it is too small, or dated design, or scored and scraped and uses up a lot of space.
Splitstop

Post by Splitstop »

Thank you for the heads up Up Sir

Thank the lord I've got a wood burner :lol:

You are right in what you say I'm only looking to frame memrbilia so won't use that much of it for my needs
I will only practice with it over the next couple of weeks as I've never used any of the kit I've bought

I've only been on a 2 day basic corse so now is where I start to learn and learn how to use the kit I've bought

Thank you as well for your kind advice
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

I've got some moulding I bought a few years ago too when I started. A bargain it was. Some of it could be quite nice if I refinish it; must dig it out.

Next year maybe.

Oh yes and I've got an entire box of a gilt moulding. I thought Polcore was the manufacturer' name, not the material... Must put it back on eBay.