Morso Framing Guillotine

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
z3ddie
Organisation: None
Interests: Woodturning, woodwork

Morso Framing Guillotine

Post by z3ddie »

Posting for a friend -
It has extending rests on the side - its the type in the picture - I grabbed this image off Ebay as the ones I took were too dark but it is the same model and in the same condition - also comes with a load of hockey rail for cutting to make into your own frames

They go on Ebay for in excess of £800 so any reasonable offer considered
Collect only or I can deliver it Oxon/Bucks area

Thank you
Attachments
mitre.jpg
mitre.jpg (182.15 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
Jamesnkr

Re: Morso Framing Guillotine

Post by Jamesnkr »

Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
So this is an ad by somebody with no previous posts to their name, who is selling 'for a friend' an item which he doesn't even have a photograph for so has just nicked a photo of something similar from Facebook... And in breach of forum regulations too. Not the best way of drumming up business! One would be inclined to wonder whether the item actually exists at all!
z3ddie

Post by z3ddie »

I am a member - and have been for a long time - on the uk woodturners forum and I posted this on there and a fellow turner on there suggested this site - all I am trying to do is help a friend in need.
The reply above has really annoyed me - who in their right minds would google a picture framing forum, then google a guillotine, go to the trouble of joining a forum just to go the nausea of putting up a false advertisement! I have never even heard of a picture framing guillotine until my friend, who is not very tech savvy, asked me for my help! :head:
(Woodturners appear more friendly than framers!)
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

z3ddie wrote:who in their right minds would google a picture framing forum, then google a guillotine, go to the trouble of joining a forum just to go the nausea of putting up a false advertisement!
It's how scammers operate, so fraudsters would. I was only trying to be helpful in pointing out to you that your ad looked like the sort of thing best touched with a bargepole as it was the way scammers operate! Call me unfriendly if you like, and I'm sorry if you feel I am, but do you seem much more like a real person now...
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Why not say the location where the Morso is situated and can be viewed ?
Also tell us the model number stamped on the flat part, from this anyone can find out when it was made.
IMHO opinion this is such a friendly forum, so its a shame you have felt we are not.
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
z3ddie

Post by z3ddie »

I will ask him to take some pictures with that information - the ones I took were in the evening and even with the flash on they looked rubbish
Having no expertise in this field that seems sound advice.

Thank you