Euro pneumatic underpinner - free to a good home

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Euro pneumatic underpinner - free to a good home

Post by Not your average framer »

I have a Euro pneumatic underpinner model No: 9001 (usable on bench top, or on stand). Needs a new hammer return spring, available off the shelf from Lee Springs. I would also replace the rebate clamp return springs, but it works O.K. even with one missing. Slight air leak, probably needs one of the little hose ends trimming down and refitting into the push fit coupling. Various top clamp pads and adjustable fence angles for rectangular and multi-angle frames. Happy to demonstrate it working.

The pneumatic valves in this machine are manufactured by Crozet, a french company will a stockist in Camberley, Surrey. All crozet parts are still available. All the operating cylinders are fine. I've been using it as it is and it's fully operational. I'm re-organising my premises and need the space for other things. Location about 15 miles west of Devon. I can't help with lifting it, because I suffer from angina (heart trouble). Needs two to lift it.

Would like it gone soon, need the space!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Re: Euro pneumatic underpinner - free to a good home

Post by fusionframer »

Is that the underpinner I brought down when I purchased the Gielle 4000 from you?

If it Is, it was a cracking machine when I used it. I had it for about 4 years and I bought it from a FF member.

Well worth a bit of TLC.

Btw Mark, the Gielle is still going strong. I think it is a fantastic machine. I still haven't got around to sorting that little leak it had out. Doesn't effect how it works, and it has not worsened in that time.

Nick
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Hi Nick,

Yes, it's your old machine. I just carried on using it after you and never did anything about fixing the broken spring just never had the time.

I'm glad that the Gielli 4000 is serving you well. I would never have let that go, if I was not so desperate for money at the time. I was delighted to have got the Gielle and had wanted one for a long time. It's a real masterpiece of engineering.

Then I went through a bad patch and needed the money. It was really upsetting at the time, but I'm glad it went to you.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

The underpinner is now gone.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer