WANTED

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

WANTED

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi All

Just before I start to build some mountboard racking, does anyone have a couple of the Ultimo mountboard storage systems for sale? Is the Ultimo system good, or would you go ahead and build your own?

DIY mountboard example builds would be good to see. :clap:
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Re: WANTED

Post by pramsay13 »

I didn't make it but got a friend to make it for me:
https://www.facebook.com/pictureframerm ... =3&theater
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Post by baughen »

I found that the rods at the end that are used to help keep the boards in place do not have the strongest weld and can easily break off. Apart from that they do the job adequately.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I was already thinking about building my own mountboard carts for my future new workshop. I can't really afford the Ultimo carts so making my own is the only option at time point in time. I've got some half sized slat wall boards, so i was thinking of creating about four, or five carts to run in the slots in the slat wall boards. My local hardware shop suggested greenhouse door wheels, but adding up the cost of the number of these I will need comes to quite a bit of money, so I'm now thinking of running thin wooden skids in the slots instead.

I'm expecting it will be difficult to predict expenses during this time, so I need to do as much as possible on the cheap. With this in mind I will be using 6mm MDF for the upright dividers and one of the MDF dividers will extend below the cart to run in one of the slots in the slat wall board underneath. I have aluminium liners that fit the slat wall slots and these will provide a smooth surface for the exposed MDF runner to run in also reduce the friction when sliding the carts in and out from under the bench.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

pramsay13 wrote:I didn't make it but got a friend to make it for me:
https://www.facebook.com/pictureframerm ... =3&theater
How much have the shelves sagged? MDF is inclined to sag horribly as its all held together with glue and the glue creeps. Somebody once said they use a plan chest.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I've had a change of plan since my earlier posting. I am now intending to make the bottom of the carts out sections of slatwall and these will slide on the larger piece of slat wall underneath, with a stip of pine moulding glued into the slots in one piece of slatwall board and locating into the slots in the other, so that they slide in line and don't bash into the adjoining carts as I need to slide them in and out.

I've already indentified a moulding which will be a good fit into the slots in the slatwall board and just needs a little cutting off the depth of the moulding, to allow the melamine faces of the slatwall to slide freely against each other. My plan is to have multiple dividers in each cart to allow at a glance stock checking and quick and easy access to the correct mountboard without any messing about. This needs to happen before my move to new premises.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

Jamesnkr wrote: How much have the shelves sagged? MDF is inclined to sag horribly as its all held together with glue and the glue creeps. Somebody once said they use a plan chest.
A little bit but not too much. Each shelf is fixed with screws rather than glue.