Printing/Framing Business For Sale

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Printing/Framing Business For Sale

Post by CanvasChris »

I am a sole trader who works from a home garage and plan to retire in the next month or so and just putting the feelers out there if any one would be interested in a very profitable business. Comes complete with website.
Products offered are Photographic Printing, Fine Art Printing, Mounting and Matting, Framing, Acrylic Printing, Canvas Printing etc..

Full framers equipment IE:
Morso F
CS88 underpinner
Ultimat Futura cutter
Keencut 3000 glass and board cutter
Jetmounter 34"
HVLP Spayer for canvas varnishing
Canon iPF8400 44" wide format printer
the list goes on...

Many £1000's worth of stock. Mountboard,Glass,Frame,Canvas media,Canvas Bars, Photographic Media, Fine Art Media, Hotpress laminates.... the list is endless. Basically a 'hit the road running' business.

I dont advertise and have a healthy income and plenty of spare time so there is plenty of expansion capabilities to make it further profitable.
It's not currently set up as a 'Joe Public' customer base as I only supply returning clients who are all professional photographers so a steady income, but anyone who takes it on can further develop the customer base. 50% of the clients are posted all over the country, the other 50% collect, only because they can.

I am not asking much, in fact probably only what I would get for all the machinery and stock as I don't want to let my customer base down by just stopping work.

For more info either PM me, 07828102261 or contact me via the website.... http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk
Canvas, Acrylic, Photographic, Fine Art Printing & Framing
http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Re: Printing/Framing Business For Sale

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi Chris

Good luck with the sale it looks ideal for anyone wanting their destiny to be in the art and framing arena.

I love your simple yet clean and informative website, makes mini look proper carp. :clap: :rock:
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Post by GeoSpectrum »

We often see people selling equipment after closing thier business, perhaps they could sell the busnness as a going concern but I get the feeling it doesn't happen very often. Has anybody managed to sell a whole business?
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

This could be a good discussion, going to follow it as I'm retiring in just over two years :clap: :clap:

Chris, you could offer training to the prospective buyer as part of the package
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

"Has anybody managed to sell a whole business"?

Yes. I sold my frame shop/gallery business a few years ago. Fortunately, I owned the property so only sold the business as a going concern. :D

I sold, to a retiring police officer who had served 22 yrs in the Met', all equipment (except for my first Kimberly mount cutter and a Stanley 400 mitre vise) all stock,( including mistakes) and, so called "good will" :? It is a fact of life that "good will" walks out the door when you do.

I gave the ex-officer three months training and introduced him to all my customers. The agreed rent he was to pay for the first three years, was way below market average. Also, I had to agree not to return to framing within 5 years or 5 miles. That suited me because of health problems.

At the end of the three years he decided to buy his own property and take the business in a different direction by incorporating "sugar craft" items as that was his wife's interest.

With him moving on gave me the opportunity to re-let my double fronted shop. The next occupier made such a success of her business that she purchased the whole property a few years later.

All in all it worked out for me and I realise I was lucky. The important thing was, as far as I am concerned , the fact that I was able to buy my property when the opportunity arose. That was only possible because I had made enough money, realising very early on how important it was to charge enough for my time and the service I offered.

I hope this helps and I am happy to provide any further info' if any one is is at all interested.

Peter.

I'm off for my afternoon nap now :wink:
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Post by CanvasChris »

Many thanks for all your interest.

Now Sold :rock: :rock: :rock:
Canvas, Acrylic, Photographic, Fine Art Printing & Framing
http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk