CMC Wanted

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Dave Ashton
Organisation: Your Photographics
Interests: Photography and everything associated with it.

CMC Wanted

Post by Dave Ashton »

We are looking to purchase a computerised mount cutter, wondered if any one out there has any advice. We are based in the UK and looking at Valiani, Gunnar & Wizard. Also if anyone is looking to sell second hand we would look at that option too.
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

CMC Wanted

Post by Ed209 »

All I can say is the Gunnar seems to be the manufacture of choice with regards to the actual machinery and support.
I am considering getting one myself but probably not for another year and then depending how business grows when we move premises.
I know I would use it to it’s full potential as I am quite imaginative and creative so I would probably go for new with the vacuum bed and pen options.
At the moment it is something I would love to have but can’t see how I could possibly pay the finance at present hopefully that will change in the not to distant future.
The hybrid head also seems a no brainier option.
I don’t think I would be happy with a older model that didn’t have the capability of the newer ones because as already stated I would use it for far more than just cutting out standard mounts.
But saying all that if a newer used one becomes available I would consider it if the price and history was right and it wasn’t something I couldn’t easily move on if I decided to upgrade to new at a later date.
Got to tackle my shop rent that is going to double what I presently pay first, but I’ve got a good feeling the more prominent position, space and longer opening hours will reap rewards. (Or bankruptcy) watch this space [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Re: CMC Wanted

Post by YPF »

I would have a word with Sam at Framers Corner for Wizard or Sarah for Gunnar and ask for a visit to get a full demonstration. Not sure if Simons will demo a Valiani.

That way you will have something to compare the various options.

As a Wizard user I can only say I have been very happy with the support from Sam at Framers Corner
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk