Keencut 4000

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
The Common Framer
Organisation: The Horsell Framing Company
Interests: Photography, Boats

Keencut 4000

Post by The Common Framer »

Hi

I am selling my keencut 4000. Dont know its age as I bought second hand 5 years ago. All in good working order but could probably do with a service.

Really dont know what it is worth so open to offers / suggestions. Based in Surrey england - collection only i am afraid.

Matt
Attachments
4000.jpeg
toastedc
Organisation: N/A
Interests: Picture framing, photography gardening,

Re: Keencut 4000

Post by toastedc »

Hi

Does this come with glass and board cutters? Are you actually in Woking? Does it come apart for collection (we have a large estate car) and lastly what is your minimum price as we are starting out and trying to gather everything tool wise

Thanks
Garry
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Keencut 4000

Post by Not your average framer »

When I bought my System 4000, back in 2004, I got a friend who had a long wheelbase, high top transit van to transport it for me and we still had trouble getting it into the van. I took four of us to lift it into the van and there was not much room to spare. It's a lot of extra weight to be thinking of carrying in an estate car. Also I'd measure up the length of the space in your estate car, some of the bits are about 7ft 6ins long, I think.

Having said all that, System 4000's are built like tanks and are very unlikely to ever wear out. They don't make them anymore, but some parts may be compatible with later models and most problems can be fixed with off the shelf bits from other sourses. Mine is one of the fairly early ones and it's still not only going strong, but probably good for a number of decades yet.

I don't think that they generally go for less that £250 in any condition, with really nice condition examples likely to fetch perhaps £300 to £400. They stopped making them about 15 to 20 years ago. They are pretty much unbreakable too! Great bit of kit for not a lot of money!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer