Keencut Laser For sale

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Dooban
Organisation: Framing Co Grantham
Interests: Films etc

Keencut Laser For sale

Post by Dooban »

Please see pics, sold as is seen

Could any one give me a rough estimate how much it is worth? I'm going to put it on eBay too.

Many thanks
Attachments
20191120_152907.jpg
20191120_152917.jpg
20191120_152922.jpg
20191120_152943.jpg
20191120_152951.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Keencut Laser For sale

Post by Not your average framer »

it's worth whatever you can get for it. It's an old model with not much chance of obtaining any spares, if you ever need them. Having said all that, I expect it to be better than a lot of these hobby level mount cutters that are currently available. For use by a hobbist, who only expects low volume use out of it, it will probably last for ever, if it is already in good condition.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Dooban
Organisation: Framing Co Grantham
Interests: Films etc

Post by Dooban »

Thanks,

It seems really well looked after, but I'm not sure if there are any parts that are missing or not.

I'll do some fishing and see what happens,

Thanks again
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I've no idea if there is anything missing, but I'm guessing that it's complete. At one time I had a Keencut Dart, which may, or may not have been a cut down version of the Keencut Ace and this probably was the model that came before the one you've got, but I've seen a slightly different model, which I was also told was a Keencut Laser. Perhaps there was more than one generation of the Laser, but who knows? Again, I am guessing, but I suspect that the Laser was the model that pre-dated the original version of the Keencut Ultimat.

The various versions of the Ultimat through to the Futura, have been evolutions of the original ultimat, but they were not fully backwards compatable and although they were to some degree forwards compatable, if you wanted to pay for the bits to update them to the latest model, the earlier ones lost their value when the next model came along. So this one is quite a long way back from the latest Keencut model and I would be very surprised, if you find much of a demand for it and it's the demand which determines it's realistic market value.

I have no idea what you chances are of selling this mount cutter, or at what price, but I would not want to raise your expectations too much, as most people are looking for the more recent and better known models and not many people are likely to have even heard of the Laser. Like I said it's worth whatever you can get for it.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
lawrieh
Organisation: Lawrie
Interests: Web design, photography, cycling, big blue skies and making....

Post by lawrieh »

If it helps I bought one of these when I started, I paid £120 for it and dont regret the purchase. I subsequently bought an Ultimat because I needed a longer cutter and still have them both.

BTW. I find the Laser slightly easier to use when doing a batch of boards because I dont return my left hand to the bottom to raise and lower the bar via the lever, I just give the bar a 90deg turn anywhere along its length and its raised...