Valiani mat pro wanted

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Wise owl
Organisation: The Art & Frame shop
Interests: Art, framing, motorcycles and classic vehicles

Valiani mat pro wanted

Post by Wise owl »

Hi all, I'm after a valiani mat pro ( I think?). To upgrade from a Ultimat gold. The newer the better really. If you know of , or have one for sale could be interested. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who is using one / opinions. Thankyou .Simon :D
Fruitini
Organisation: Original Glory
Interests: Digital Art & Photography

Re: Valiani mat pro wanted

Post by Fruitini »

I did exactly what you are asking - I upgraded from a ultimate gold (Futura) to a Valiani mat pro ultra 150 back in April following a move to a bigger workshop. I have absolutely no regrets. My first experience of using a CMC, and this machine, is great. I bought secondhand through TGS Repairs (Mark Griffiths). They serviced, delivered, installed, set up and gave 2 days training on the machine. If you want to get up and running quickly then I would recommend a similar route. They are the UK’s approved Valiani engineer and have years of experience on these machines. Might be worth a call to see if they have, or know of, any available machines.

We built a custom bench for ours which houses all our mountboard beneath. The supplied stand for it is such a waste of space. Operationally for day to day mount cutting the vstudio software is straightforward and intuitive once you’ve got the basics. I love the speed with which you can create and cut using the quickcut function. For more complicated designs and cuts it does take much more effort to learn and understand the processes involved, however learning ‘on the job’ seems the best way forward. For truly custom design you’ll also need a stand alone drawing program, Corel draw appears to be the go to application, one which crops up in tutorials regularly anyway. Crescent Cardboards Co have recently released a load of very helpful tutorials on their Valiani Facebook page, as well as other members of this forum who have helped me along the way.

Very few cons and a whole heap of pros. I honestly would never go back to a manual cutter and dread the day when a breakdown means I have to get the keencut out of retirement!!
Wise owl
Organisation: The Art & Frame shop
Interests: Art, framing, motorcycles and classic vehicles

Post by Wise owl »

Ahh, Thankyou for your detailed reply. I'm not after the computer driven Valiani, just the pneumatic Matt pro.
I'm afraid I'm hopeless with computers and although skilled with my hands, I struggle with tech and It would worry me half to death trying to tell it what i want it to do !
Fruitini
Organisation: Original Glory
Interests: Digital Art & Photography

Post by Fruitini »

Ah ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. And sorry for you! It’s made a huge difference to my work processes.
yorkframing
Organisation: York Framing Studio
Interests: Photography & Astronomy

Post by yorkframing »

Did you find a mat pro?
If not I have just listed one
Best regards
Steve