FOR SALE: ademco press 2226 needs to go!

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
esther-cg
Organisation: Hidden
Interests: Art, framing, music

FOR SALE: ademco press 2226 needs to go!

Post by esther-cg »

Bit dusty, but otherwise fine.
collect from Bristol £100, but open to offers.
IMG_20200116_150309.jpg
IMG_20200116_150259.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: FOR SALE: ademco press 2226 needs to go!

Post by Not your average framer »

I've been using an almost identical Ademco press, ever since I first got started and they are a great piece of kit. They are probably obsolete by now, but they go on forever. I would not be without mine. Ideal bit of kit for anyone starting out and watching their finances.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
BeatnikFraming
Organisation: Beatnik Framing
Interests: Photography, music, art, crafts

Post by BeatnikFraming »

This is too far for me to collect sadly, but just out of interest, are you limited to the size of the press when dry mounting or can you put bigger posters in and do it in sections? I've seen a video that suggests you can do this but doesn't show how
esther-cg
Organisation: Hidden
Interests: Art, framing, music

Post by esther-cg »

This item is now sold.

And with regards to your question BeatnikFraming, apparently it can be done but my colleague said he'd definitely recommend doing a few practice runs. When it comes to moving the work around, overlap the area you're pressing rather than trying to "butt up" the edges as it'll help keep the surface even. Bear in mind that the materials will expand and contract as they're heated and cooled. Hope this helps!