Keencut System 4000 - Free!!

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Dean Casson
Organisation: CASSONS framing
Interests: painting, family, football, squash

Keencut System 4000 - Free!!

Post by Dean Casson »

Keencut System 4000 wall cutter - bought in 2017 on the Forum and not used by me as got hold of a Excaliber 5000 in the end. It's just sat at the back of the workshop since but I need the space as rejigging things about...need it gone as soon as possible so available for free! Can be picked up anytime from KT21 2HL Surrey and all social distancing will be adhered to of course.

Will need a biggish estate car or van to collect - longest parts are 2.2m long.

Thanks
Dean
Dean Casson
Organisation: CASSONS framing
Interests: painting, family, football, squash

Re: Keencut System 4000 - Free!!

Post by Dean Casson »

This is now taken, thanks.
dmcgreen
Organisation: Your Frame Here
Interests: Music, Tech, Golf, Nostalgia

Post by dmcgreen »

Going slightly off-topic but would you mind sharing any advise as to maintenance/operation? I am in the process of setting one I picked as part of a job-lot sale from a framer who has now retired.

Did you wall mount it or use the legs?

I recently spoke to Keencut UK who stated that they are unable to offer any support/advise on the machine given it's age!

Thanks
Chris_h
Organisation: www.TheUKLandscape.com
Interests: Photography, Football, F1, printing & framing www.Photographyprinting.co.uk

Post by Chris_h »

I use mine with the legs leaning against a wall. You can then screw the bracket at the top into the wall. I never actually got round to screwing the top of mine against the wall, its been fine eight years or so. I think they still have the manual on the keencut website.

They no longer make the glass wheels for these, but someone posted on here an alternative one that fits. I ordered one and it works a treat.
dmcgreen
Organisation: Your Frame Here
Interests: Music, Tech, Golf, Nostalgia

Post by dmcgreen »

I'd also learned just that re the cutting wheel by my nearest equipment supplier, so that's a huge relief!

Do you have the part number/id/name for it?

David