HGP220 Hot Press Drytac Vacuum Laminating Mounting Press

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
walnuttreeframing
Organisation: Walnut Tree Framing
Interests: Framing, Rugby, Photography, Aviation

HGP220 Hot Press Drytac Vacuum Laminating Mounting Press

Post by walnuttreeframing »

Most of you will know all about this machine - but for those who don't......

This is a fantastic piece of equipment for any small business- especially picture framing. Paper, card and wood items can be mounted or laminated up to a maximum size of 940mm x 640mm or 37” x 25”. This is larger than A1 size. It can be situated on a worktop with a lid on top so that the space it occupies can be used as a working surface when the 220 is not being used. I have such a construction if it would help.
This machine is made by Hot Press, based in Bristol and courses are run there in how to use it to maximum effect. Steve Goodall is “Mr Drytac” and is very approachable and answers all your queries. He appears in a load of videos on YouTube carrying out the various operations of this versatile machine.
This “small” model is no longer made, but spares are still available if required. It is much sort after. Much larger machines are available with a working area of up to 2.5m. but require separate stands and are expensive and very heavy

I’ve got this machine set up in my home and have just completed a small job from the front page of Friday’s newspaper as shown in the photos.
It comes complete with the pump, significant amount of mounting films and adhesives and the perforating tool required for some laminating jobs.

I have the Fine Art Trade Guild GCF qualification (no longer a member) and will be selling all my framing equipment over the next few days. I live near Woodbridge in Suffolk and am happy to take any enquiries.
Offers over £450
Attachments
IMG_1665.jpg
IMG_1664a.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1659.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1654.jpg
walnuttreeframing
Organisation: Walnut Tree Framing
Interests: Framing, Rugby, Photography, Aviation

Re: HGP220 Hot Press Drytac Vacuum Laminating Mounting Press

Post by walnuttreeframing »

Actually the model is a HGP200 and comes with the separate timer. The HGP220 model I think has the timer built in. I couldn’t edit the post once submitted
Hali
Organisation: Crafty Hangouts
Interests: picture framing and book reading

Re: HGP220 Hot Press Drytac Vacuum Laminating Mounting Press

Post by Hali »

I have used this model before, these highly adaptable machines are ideal when the job size varies or when many different types of finishing jobs are required. Their design requires no special set up for different jobs, making them the tool of choice when different sizes or different type of finishing requirements are needed.