Mouldings

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
duncanh19
Organisation: DPH Photgraphy & Framing
Interests: Photography Music Cooking

Mouldings

Post by duncanh19 »

Having closed my business I am left with a substantial amount of mouldings. Mainly from Lion some are obsolete.I have them in storage but need to empty it as soon as possible. Don’t think I can ship them so would have to be collection in Gloucester, but I’m happy to help if someone wants to send a courier to pick it up. Open to sensible offers, I can send pictures to help.
TheArtvaults
Organisation: Callaghan Framing Ltd
Interests: Bespoke Framer, Wizard of Europe , Art installers , Moulding Manufactoring

Re: Mouldings

Post by TheArtvaults »

Pictures would be great how much are we talking ? KR Ross
duncanh19

Post by duncanh19 »

Hi

I have it listed on eBay as well, starting at £200 buy it now at £350. Happy to send you photos, send your email to me at duncan@dph-photographyandframing.co.uk.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I am one of those who got started buying up job lots of unwanted mouldings. I am sorry to say that I don't buy these anymore, I've got far more than I am ever likely to live long enough to use, but I will tell you that you can often sell what moulding you may have in smaller lots and get the same amount of money for a smaller lot, as you would get for twice as much moulding. Also the cost of travelling to collect job lots of moulding, becomes prohibitive and not everyone has a large enough vehicle to carry large amounts. Different people will be after different sorts of moulding, some maybe split the moulding up into older and newer stuff. After a while I was much more interested in the older style mouldings, which I liked to use for hand finishing. Hand finishing modern day mouldings, is largely a waste of time and effort, because it's so difficult refinishing mouldings which already have modern synthetic finishes on them. If you have got anyone near you who is into hand finishing they are more like to be interested in ant older style moulding, which have older style finishes on them already.

Unfortunately, selling job lots of unwanted mouldings is not always as easy as you may be thinking. but if you stick with it it will eventually all go. When I started up I had no money and kept going backwards and forwards to one ex-framer to buy one car load at a time as I was able to find some more money, This ex-framer more or less stocked my original business, but it took me about a year of going back and forth to get it all. Often the people who are looking to buy unwanted job lots of moulding will be equally skint. I had nowhere to keep all these mouldings so I wrappped them in polythene lay flat tubing in bundle a stored them in a very damp shed for a year,or so until I could rent somwhere to work. I am hoping that some of this may prove in some way helpful to you.

Best wishes,
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
duncanh19

Post by duncanh19 »

Hi Mark
Thanks for your thoughts, very interesting.

If this lot doesn’t sell by the end of the month it will be going in the skip, which would break my heart but is my only way out if no one wants it.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I'm really sad to heard that.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
TheArtvaults
Organisation: Callaghan Framing Ltd
Interests: Bespoke Framer, Wizard of Europe , Art installers , Moulding Manufactoring

Post by TheArtvaults »

Hi Mark,

Will happy take them off your hands but not for the price you're asking I'm afraid.
If you get stuck give me a shout.

KR
Ross
duncanh19

Post by duncanh19 »

Make me an offer and I’ll consider it
duncanh19

Post by duncanh19 »

This moulding has to go before the end of the month, you can have it FREE if you collect it.

I would rather someone makes use of it tha it goes in the skip
duncanh19

Post by duncanh19 »

Moulding has gone now