Fletcher Multimaster point driver

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Fletcher Multimaster point driver

Post by Not your average framer »

I'm currently starting to put together some basic deep box frames, there will be some more appealing ones as well at a bit higher price as well, however these first ones are aimed at those who might not go for anything other that a basic item at a basic price. Obvoiusly a deep box frame is going to cost more to produce than an ordinary basic frame, as the price has too include the extra work and materials and that's just how it is. I am not aiming to compete with cheap and cheerful suff from the big shops, that's just pointless. These basic deep box frames are using a technique that a previous member of this forum used to refer to as looking like a cookoo clock. The rear extension box section, sits into the front section and is secore in place against the glass with the multimaster tabs and screws, which is quick, simple and cost effective, while also not looking like a bodge. I have chosen not to include a mount behind the glass, but instead I am using the box section insert as an opporunity for a little bit of decorative effect, by adding a small chamfer to the front facing edge.

I am using two cheap pine mouldings and I have a method of finishing these very quickly and easily, not only without raising the grain (yes I am using water based finishes, but I am also getting a very slick toally smooth finish). Presentation is everything if you are trying to not only sell it but also at a decent price. In this day and age too many potential customers, like to think that prices are nogociable. Not in my shop they are not! I don't care if these people decide to walk. Selling things to cheap is not what I am here for! If your price is fair and honest, why agree to sell it for less! Your multimaster will likely open up different possibilities for making new things and time saving ways of doing things. I like to make various saleable items from my left over sprap materials, but becareful to be sure that making these various items to truely worthwhile. The materials might have been already allowed for and paid for within the cost, or previous jobs, but you still need to be paid for your time and labour. It matters! "A workman is worthy of his hire!"
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
fitz
Organisation: Latch Burn Framing
Interests: Picture Framing. Watercolour painting, dog walking, fly fishing.

Post by fitz »

Hi Mark

Thank you for your comments. I’m nowhere near this standard as yet and generally offer my customers ready made mouldings from the likes of Lion and Wessex etc. I”m learning lots from this forum which is great so every comment is greatly appreciated. I’m going to have a venture into the realms of stacked mouldings to try and be a bit more creative and offer greater choices and alternatives to customers. Would be great if some photos/examples of stacked mouldings could be posted?☺️
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Fitz,

I will be posting some photos when I can. After I have re-opened my shop and will be there to receive deliveries, I will need to get a new digital camera. Although I move premises almost two and a half years ago, my wife and I are still living out of boxes and plastic bags. The flat we moved in to was largely unfininished and we had almost no where to put things in the early days after the stroke, I was scarcely able to function at all and it has taken be all this time to regain a bit of the ability to do very much.

Yesterday was a red letter day, as I was able, with the help of a good friend to make a free standing shelf which stand on part of our kitchen work top and under one of our kitchen wall cupboards, provide so very badly needed extra storage space. My wife can now organise storing necessary items above and below this shelf. This may not sound like much, but it is the start of moving back toward some sort of domesic normality. Unfortunately, I have to pay for what this takes out of me the following day as activity can make me very tired and less co-ordinated with my walking the following day.

I am sort of working towards some sort of plan and it's happening bit by bit. So there will be some pictures in a little while.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer