I need a new mountcutter

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
summer-data

I need a new mountcutter

Post by summer-data »

I'm looking for a new mount cutter, i've just bought a framing business so there aint much money left! just looking for a cheap second hand one to get me started, mines currently held together with tape. can anyone help?
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Before you buy another, which mountcutter do you currently have?

It may be worth considering if it is appropiate to refurbish it and restore it to a satisfactory condition. Whether this is possible may depend on the availability of spare parts and the viability of getting the desired result.

This may be your most cost effective option, or just a short term fix, while you raise the necessary funds for the mountcutter you really want, but can't quite afford just now.
summer-data

Post by summer-data »

It's a keencut laser, which i'm thinking is quite an old one, they still seem to be bringing good money on ebay but mine is in a bad way, it's on the counter and looks untidy with all the tape. do you know where i could get parts from? any advise appreciated. thanks
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

You may want to consider purchasing new equipment......

From my accountant:

"From 6 April, Capital Allowances for purchases of plant and machinery, equipment, computers etc will be increased from 50% in the first year to 100% for purchases up to £50k in each year. This will help business cash flow as relief is brought forward."

Probably a good idea to get in touch with your own accountant but you will be able to claim 100% against tax.
Pat
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

suggestion: keencut might factory refurbish it for you for a fixed cost (used to be £80 plus VAT and carrier £20 for both ways). we used to have our ultimats refurbished every couple of years. Give them a ring.

I started with a laser, and imho it was better than the ultimats :shock: Only thing that might go is the sprung steel hinges. A couple of days with some wet and dry, finishing with a1400 grit, then polish, and you can polish all the aluminium up like chrome! You'll be proud to have it on your counter. yeah, sad, I know, but thats the biker coming out ;)