Yes, I need a mount cutter, too!

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
smorgo

Yes, I need a mount cutter, too!

Post by smorgo »

Hi folks,

Thanks to the browser on my mobile phone being too darn slow, I just missed out on a Keencut Ultimat on eBay, today :cry:

I currently use a Longridge Duo but I want upgrade it to a good quality 48" cutter with a squaring arm.

Obviously, I'd love an Ultimat (which is why I was bidding on one, of course) but I can afford a new one. About £400-odd quid is my limit.

Could anyone recommend an appropriate alternative? Or better still, anyone got an Ultimat they don't want?

Thanks is advance.
Steve
JGB

Keencut Ultimat

Post by JGB »

If you are still interested I have a Keencut Ultimat 48" available- please note it is the Ultimat model not the Ultimat Gold.

It was previously owned by a framer and has had regular use but is in good condition.
The only reason I am selling is that I now have a 32" Gold model which better suits the space I have available and the size of mounts that I make.

I would be looking for £250 for the Ultimat. I would prefer it to be collected (North Manchester) but coudl arrange delivery by courier - probably around £20-£25
smorgo

Post by smorgo »

Sounds like a bargain and if I wasn't so weak-willed, I'd take you up on it.

Unfortunately, I allowed myself to be seduced when I popped into Lion today and ended up walking away with a 40" Artist+. I'd have preferred a 48" and the squaring arm is at least 2" shorter than I could do with, but otherwise it seems a lovely piece of kit.

I fear I may have left drool over the Ultimat Gold that I tried but I just couldn't bring myself to spend an extra £330-odd.

Thanks for your reply, anyway.

Cheers,
Steve
JGB

Keencut Ultimat

Post by JGB »

Steve
thanks for letting me know
regards