Suggestions please..

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
CreativePhotographer
Organisation: Anna Briggs Creative Photography
Interests: Dogs, creative photography and walking..... lots of walking!!

Suggestions please..

Post by CreativePhotographer »

Thanks to this brilliant forum I have now sourced a (nearly new) morso and (new) keencut. I'm unable to afford the same again for underpinner and board cutter... it was suggested a second hand Cassesse CS88 is the best manual machine to go for (and not the newer version)?... any recommendations for second hand board/glass cutters please? Am just off for my first market of the season so will read replies later tonight! Have a good Saturday everyone! :D
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: Suggestions please..

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Anna,
I cant help you with your question..
But, I can share with you and others the website of not only a superb photographer, but also one of the BEST at selling his pictures.
https://gilesnorman.com/
If ever you are in Kinsale, Co Cork be sure to visit.
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Chris_h
Organisation: www.TheUKLandscape.com
Interests: Photography, Football, F1, printing & framing www.Photographyprinting.co.uk

Post by Chris_h »

You can pick a Keencut 4000 up for not a lot of money, they are old but built like a tank.

You can also cut a lot of backing on the mountcutter and if you have a big enough workbench glass is easy to cut with a £25 glass hand glass cutter and a T-square.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Yes it was probably me that said the CS88. I started with a brand new CS1 and spent two years thinking that I was the issue. I've never been so happy to lose money and see it leave the building.
I picked up A CS88 for £100 on Facebook Marketplace. Stripped down the hammer block, regreased and never looked back.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer