Out of stock Simons moulding

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Roboframer

Out of stock Simons moulding

Post by Roboframer »

I need 320 ft of this Simons moulding - the ref is 5412-7008. I was told over 2 weeks ago that it would be in in three weeks and today I was told the end of May.

Wondering if any other supplier does the same one under a different ref - Arqadia do (442 700 000) but it's out of stock until May 20 - but I was told May 17 previous!

Or maybe a Simons distributor has some?

It's 37mm wide and 28mm rebate - brushed silver with a swirled finish rather than a hatched finish.

One hundred feet would be OK too - I don't need all 320 ft at once

Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Just checked a couple of my Irish supplier catalogues for you John, but to no avail. Sorry! :(
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Thanks anyway Áine - should've said I've also checked Nielsen, Wessex/Frinton, A&T & Mainline, but I may not have the latest catalogues from the last three.

The Arqadia one is not as nice either - don't think I'd use it even if they had a light year of the stuff in stock!
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

John

I think the Arqadia moulding equivalent to the one you show is 441 700 000 (28mm deep rebate) not 442 700 000 (13 mm rebate).

If you can live without the rebate depth could Arqadia supply 442 700 000? I just checked their website and they list 6756 metres in stock so should cover your requirements

I believe Wessex do the same moulding as their stock number D3364 but again shallow rebate.

Having used these I think they all buy from the same source hence all out of stock at the same time.

Hope you get sorted out.

John.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Thanks John - you are right - the Arqadia one is 441 etc - I must've looked at the ref no above in the catalogue instead of below - or something.

But no way is this the same moulding as Simons 5412-7008 - it's cheaper and the reason is obvious when the two are compared.

Simons also do a similar width but shallower rebate but the rebate is critical, this is for 'The Hotel Job' in the 'Glass-spacer-glass' thread.

Like this - smaller version of the larger frame floated within - but with the brushed silver and it's little brother (which I have 400 ft of!)

Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Hi John

I see your problem. Could you direct me to the "'The Hotel Job' in the 'Glass-spacer-glass' thread".

Like the idea of selling two frames for one job and would like to try it out myself.

Might try and get samples from Simons but am still waiting for some the Rep promised last summer (see Simons thread in Member's Area).

John.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Jonny2morsos wrote:
I see your problem. Could you direct me to the "'The Hotel Job' in the 'Glass-spacer-glass' thread".
Here you go.

http://theframersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1470

An ironic quote! ...
Roboframer wrote:just hope my suppliers can be as rock steady as me!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Well, that was a fuss about nothing - I hadn't checked A&T at all, just listed the supplers whose catalogues I have; assumed I'd checked them all.

A&T's was in a jiffy bag and I missed it - they do the exact same moulding - even the same ref no and had 94m of it which is now winging it's way to me.

I'll post some interesting figures on the Simons thread later!