prints, canvas paintings

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
greenfields

prints, canvas paintings

Post by greenfields »

HI i am going to start to sell prints because i se there is not many people buying orginal art with the recession now at the miniute .
i have seen these canvas paintings they are very cheap does anyone know who sell these type of paintings i think they are painted in china . I would like to get in touch with some one who sells prints and these type of paintings can you help

thankyou :?
prospero

Re: prints, canvas paintings

Post by prospero »

Nobody's buying prints either. :( Except from B&Q and such places who sell them by the foot and it's futile trying to compete in that market. All that will happen is you will end up with stacks of prints that you can't sell. As for HK oils, beware. Their day has definately been and gone. :?

If you really want some, I think D&J Simons still import them. :)
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

So do Iinternational Art Supplies.

We have not been able to shift ours either.
John GCF
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

I'm quietly optomistic that the prints market will improve in the next couple of years, despite the demise recently of big prints retailer ART.

But for some of us it (prints retail) can't get much worse thatn it went when argos and B&Q started selling them by the yard - as Prospero so aptly put it.

Approx 2 years ago (before the christmas before last) we decided to stop selling prints because of rubbish sales levels off the wall - but this left us in a situaton where we had very little to put on the walls and in the window. So we do the odd one, but they are really only for display purposes.

One particular Jack Vettriano print has turned into an object of merriment for John at Merlins, its been in the window since last october. I must confess that there is also one thats been in the window for three years, at least, and I have two monet prints which have, erm, turned blue-ish.
:oops:
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Post by CanvasChris »

I would think that "print on demand" would be the ideal way to go in these difficult times.

PM sent... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Canvas, Acrylic, Photographic, Fine Art Printing & Framing
http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk