Intercom/CCTV systems

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Roboframer

Intercom/CCTV systems

Post by Roboframer »

My workshop is up a dog-leg corridor - I've no idea what's going on in the shop.

We use a DECT phone system - when my presence is required the 'page' button is pressed - if that happens out of the blue I go to the shop front. If the phone rings (a different ring than the pager) and THEN I am paged, it usually means the call is for me, so I pick up.

Sometimes when i am called to the shop, it's to answer a bone question.

What's a better system? (Other than just picking up all page tones anyway - now that's an idea!)
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Re: Intercom/CCTV systems

Post by kev@frames »

Dont think there is a better system, Robo. Our last workshop had the same arrangement.... but with a cctv added so that we could see the shop from the workshop. That would probably be the only improvement I'd have on it, and thats mainly for the safety and security of shop staff these days. It used to be handy if we could see they were busy one of us could go and help out at the counter, and it meant that the staff could leave the counter for a bathroom break or helping a customer to the car or whatever without locking up the shop.

Some days the buzzer would drive us all mad though. I sometimes felt that the intercom stopped the shop counter staff from using their own brains sometimes.