Underpinner Wanted

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
elly-d
Organisation: Framing Shop
Interests: Framing, Music, Sport, Camping and Hiking etc

Underpinner Wanted

Post by elly-d »

Hi, I am in need of an underpinner, I have been looking on eBay but not many are coming on. If anyone has one for sale give me a shout. I am preferably after a foot powered one (alfamacchine 1M) or a cheap compressed air powered would be good also. I am looking around £250 or a little more for a really good one.

Cheers.

Ell.
prospero

Re: Underpinner Wanted

Post by prospero »

Hi Ell. :D

Give Mitrecraft Wholesale a ring on 01522 511322

They are in Lincoln, so not a million miles away. They usually have a good selection of machines. Nice friendly, family-run business. Known them for yonks and they know what they are about.
I would go for a manual model. Don't be too reluctant to spend a bit extra for a good one. It will pay for it'self very quickly. A tempermental one will end up costing you time and blood-pressure. :P

(I'm not on commission btw. :D )
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi Elly

I have just seen an ALFA 1M just finish unsold on ebay. It was on for £300, 2 years old and in Fife. The name on the ebay page was ROSSLYN FINE ARTS. Telephone 01333427494 between 9 - 4pm Monday to Friday.
Get on the blower I am sure they may take an offer, especially given that there will be no commission to pay ebay and the distance to collect.

Regards
Deepjoy
elly-d
Organisation: Framing Shop
Interests: Framing, Music, Sport, Camping and Hiking etc

Post by elly-d »

Hi guys thanks so much for the replies. I have already made an offer on the 1m Alfa from eBay but they declined, I did offer a little less than it was worth because it was so far away nevermind. But thanks that was a good idea. I have a couple of leads to follow but I may end up taking your advice and calling the place in lincoln, I have been trying to avoid shops as they tend to overprice things - I am really on a budget so I have to be picky.

I have always used air op underpinners in the past so I am not sure what to look for in a manual, although they are cheaper and air operater seems a bit lazy :)

Thanks.
Ell.