Morso F spare parts

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
TJR
Organisation: Private
Interests: Painting & Framing

Morso F spare parts

Post by TJR »

Can anyone suggest where I might be able to purchase some Morso F spare parts? 1. moving bite adjustment arm, 2. black plastic long armed top for a fence adjuster 3. rebate support adjusters? I've just acquired a very old machine which I'm trying to coax back into life. I wonder if Morso Fs ever get broken for spares? They seem indestructible. Otherwise I'll have to resort to 'new' spares if I can locate those. I'll see how I get on with framing before committing to a less elderly machine - any help appreciated.
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Re: Morso F spare parts

Post by The Crofter »

Hi TJR & welcome to the forum.

I have a pair of rebate supports from my Morso F that were replaced when I upgraded to the spring loaded version - any use ?.

Cheers

Pat
Pat
prospero

Post by prospero »

Welcome TJR. :D

These machines are very tough and the chances are that the bits you need will wear out long before it becomes a total write off. I saw one last week (not a Morso but very simiar) still in working order but without blades c1890.

There's one on E-Bay for 90p. No Bids. I suspect the seller has got the decimal point in the wrong place. :oops:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Try Peter Stanlick at Framers Equipment in Northampton

John.
TJR
Organisation: Private
Interests: Painting & Framing

Post by TJR »

I am very appreciative of the three replies to the question I posted - thanks to you all. I am also generally impressed with the standard of information on the forum - there are clearly some big players as well as some one-person bands contributing which makes the generosity of the advice offered all the more striking.

Without going into detail (which would be embarassing), I have come to realise I made a false step and have been fortunate to be able to retreat from my acquisition. I will look for a more serviceable 2nd hand machine. I've learned a lot already!

Regards, TJR