Cold Mounting/Laminating

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
calvin the framer
Organisation: Acanthus Art Framing
Interests: Pciture frame design/hisory/restoration. Memorabilia. Theatre

Cold Mounting/Laminating

Post by calvin the framer »

DRY MOUNTING/LAMINATING. Only picture framers it seems use Vacuum Presses? Printers/Display Companies/Ad Agencies/Signmakers ALL use COLD ROLL machines!!!!! These all start from £1,000 plus for a very basic to £1,995 plus for the elctric powered roller.Yes you can buy mini machines that have widths of 300 or 600mm BUT most work is wider and longer. Generally I dry mount 800 X 1200plus. NOW I have found a supply of Cold Roll Mount/Laminators at half price and less. ALL NEWdirect to framers ONLY not to anyone wishing to wholesale. Limited time offer. Place an order with mine to save money. Need to order by FEB 19th :lol: 2009 :lol:
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Re: Cold Mounting/Laminating

Post by CanvasChris »

i've got a good deal on a hot press JM26... £645rrp but with over £300 of material FOC. would like to go bigger but haven't really got the room unless your deal is good.

going to Focus next week to see one in action before I spend, but i may buy now depending on what yours is.
let me know.
Canvas, Acrylic, Photographic, Fine Art Printing & Framing
http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Re: Cold Mounting/Laminating

Post by DEEPJOY »

I find this side of framing really interesting, posts regarding wind down presses, roller presses and the vacuum hot presses. Is it a case of 'horses for courses', or does the vacuum hot press do everything where the wind down and roller type, based on their size, have limitations? Apologies to Steve at the Spring Fair, I just could not take everything in. I will now go away to think about myself and thoroughly read all my literature from Hot Press. :oops:
Is it a purist or conservation thing with some framers, in their choice not to have one? Surely people must approach nearly all of you framers with framing opportunities where these presses would be invaluable? Yet, some of the framers I had the opportunity to speak to at the Fair, did not advocate the use of them. Sorry if I have got it wrong! There was a great deal for novice like me to take in.
Calvin the framer, what have you turned up in your post above and what job will it do for you any better than other products on the market? I see it to be a good idea to lump orders together with a view to reduce the unit cost of the product down even further.