FOR SALE : Spare Cables for CS88

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Grahame Case

FOR SALE : Spare Cables for CS88

Post by Grahame Case »

on offer We have 2 Spare foot pedal Cables for the Cassese CS88.

1 has been on the machine for 3 days, and 1 is brand new.

£6.00 each delivered to your door anywhere in the UK

PM us if you are interested.

Our CS88 died a horrible death on Tuesday, stripping it down for parts...

anyone needs any other CS88 Parts please let us know we may have them.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: FOR SALE : Spare Cables for CS88

Post by Jonny2morsos »

What went wrong with it?

I ask because I use one too and it is the only machine I do not have a back up for.

John.
Grahame Case

Re: FOR SALE : Spare Cables for CS88

Post by Grahame Case »

it is 18 years old, and was in storage as a backup for 10 ish years, lack of an engineer in scotland and the use of "field engineering" to fix it whenever parts seized/broke finally took its toll.

we have been having a lot of trouble with it since we removed it from storage, when our Framers corner DMC pneumatic underpinner finally died last year. At the start of the week we had a major wedge jam in the hammer block, which resulted in the hammer becoming stuck along with two wedges, it took me about 90 minutes to free the hammer block, and the forced removal caused burring along key parts of the hammer block mechanism, and the part which holds the hammer block.

it turns out the central wedge pushing mechanism had been knocked out of alignment too many times due to wedges jamming, and was causing damage to our hammer block, making jams much more common, we decided it was best buying a newer cassese (199XL) where these problems will be eradicated.