What should I have bid for this?

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
bilhughes
Organisation: simple signman
Interests: signs construction of sign related stuff

What should I have bid for this?

Post by bilhughes »

I have got a biggish rotary cutter, but I think I need a guillotine and having spent a bit of money recently, even after my crimbo allowance I am a little in the red of the stern missus who correctly informs me that framing is only a hobby to me, due to the fact that I ve not framed anything that had a price tag greater than zero
But I still think i need a second hand well priced guillotine and have been following this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEDWX:IT
I had my fixed price in my head of £200 but it went to £200 from £140even though I though ebay only increased by increments of ten pounds £140. Well that threw me but was my expectations too good what do you think it was worth what should I bid if one comes up again
Roboframer

Re: What should I have bid for this?

Post by Roboframer »

Maybe a fiver more than that one went for, at least you have a good idea of what you can sell it on for if and when you invest in an excalibur or equivalent type wall mounted multi-cutter and won't need it.
bilhughes
Organisation: simple signman
Interests: signs construction of sign related stuff

Re: What should I have bid for this?

Post by bilhughes »

Funny you should mention excalibur because when I travelled to Cardif to buy my morso he sold me for very little money a excalibur 5000 however it was cheap because it has a problem in that the head does not flick from one setting to another and it is stif in operation I collected and dumpted it in my mates garage and have not looked at it since but maybe its time to atempt to check it out
the problem is that the beast is so big I had looked at a picture before I went and thought it was a quarter of the size and for now i have set up in possible the worst place in the cellar and there is no way that the excalibur will stand or lie down in there I had forgotten I even owned it