Arqadia Moulding 735 101 000

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
JamesC
Organisation: The Framed Picture Company
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Arqadia Moulding 735 101 000

Post by JamesC »

Anybody got any of this moulding they don't need? It's a smooth matt black box style 22mm wide 30mm deep.

It's out of stock till July 26th and I use a lot of it, despite the fact it's not nice to cut it's a stylish look for the price.

Ideally I'm looking for a 100m box of it. Otherwise I'm going to have to change it and get bits of my website redone etc. which I could do without and is expensive.

Checked Simons and they don't have anything very similar. I could probably get away with a very close substitute and would even pay a bit more just to cover the gap.

Problem is Arqadia's close alternative is 235 101 000, nicer to cut but £3.99 a metre for a simple black moulding! I've tried some of it and it's not even that well finished to attract a premium i.e. blobs in the lacquer and scrapes in the wood on the sides. The other is 225 167 000 at a more reasonable £2.15 a metre but this is quite a bit shallower and not as impressive, otherwise I would be using it already for the ease of cutting on a guillotine. It really needed to be at least 28mm deep and 21mm wide.

Anybody else had or solved this problem with a different supplier? I scrounged a box of it at Xmas but Arqadia have only had this moulding for about 2 weeks in stock in the past 7 months! Unfortunately they only sent me a 12 bar back order not the box I tried to order later during those 2 weeks hence this predicament.

The replacement has to be smooth matt or satin really, don't like the grainy blacks they look dated to me and not what I advertise.

Thanks
JamesC
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Re: Arqadia Moulding 735 101 000

Post by JamesC »

Quick correction - it's only out of stock till July 12th when I just looked but still in need.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Have you tried Frinton Mouldings? Might be pricey but woth a look.
wrxsti555
Organisation: ventons
Interests: work,cars,wife,kids n wine !!!!

Post by wrxsti555 »

HI James.
Have in stock a 20mm wde 30mm deep matt black. Ref no. SB/I/268. Very slight curved top.
Have about 100 mts in stock with further 300 mts arriving in next two weeks.
Box price £2-50 mtr. Can send a sample if required. Tel Shaun @ Ventons 01579 389310.
robbiez
Organisation: EasyFrame
Interests: Picture Framing

Post by robbiez »

BaBaZa
Organisation: http://www.mainlinemouldings.com
Interests: Pubs

Post by BaBaZa »

I've posted a sample of our 007 1101 @£1.49/mtr
Ricky @ Mainline Mouldings Ltd

Twitter #MainlinePolcore
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

hi cannot find my post about a particular arqadia moulding - have now registered - how do i find the stock position of the moulding??
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

find your moulding and click on 'more information'
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

great thanks robo - found the stock - but odd the website doesn't confirm im logged in! and i wonder how you log out? stll its the stock im watching so thats ok.
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

Try Midas is your looking for that sort of quantity. Although i don't have a sample in front of me sounds like 384 Black
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
JamesC

Post by JamesC »

Got sorted with the Mainline mouldings number.

I can recommend this company who I hadn't come across before - the website was modern, easy to use and to see the range, they got a sample to me dead quick, did me the box price on 24m so I could see the quality, came next day really well packed.

The lengths of this black are a little bowed in places but should be fine to use and once taped to the backboard as I do - not twisted at least. The general finish is good and the black clay not as thick as the Arqadia one which makes it a bit nicer to cut without crumbling. I'm just sacrificing 2mm in width but gaining 3 in depth.