morso problem (for sale)

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
johnwphotography
Organisation: swadlincote
Interests: local history, industrial archaeology, landscape and walking

Re: morso problem (for sale)

Post by johnwphotography »

Go ahead, Dave and get the parts 18023010/1/2/3/4/24/5/9 and you will be all set up for about £55 and there is no problem in fitting it to the Morso RH arm. The Morso original rule profile section isn't the same as the VMM, so the clamps aren't interchangeable. If you were to go down the ebay stick on scale route, I would think the surface of the scale will be a mm or so above the cutting part table, and you still will not have the extended edge or angled clamp, so that is a non starter. You will then have a fully operable machine in reasonable nick. The pedal parts look fine and you have the rebate clamps.
davecrocker
Organisation: canvas printing
Interests: canvas, mugs, promo goods

Re: morso problem (for sale)

Post by davecrocker »

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply, ive been sorting out the new business and stuff.

Just to let you know, I got the parts as recommended, ive not fitted them yet but Darren at Framers Corner was incredibly helpful and sorted me out everything that i needed. I just need to fit it now lol (expect a call Darren :)) The parts came to £53.00 all in, including delivery. I guess the original buyer from ebay couldnt see that i had the arm and went and priced up the whole lot - hence £300 with no change, when all it was, was a 50 quid part! strange.

Thanks everyone for all your help, this is a very friendly forum and i only wish that i was in the framing game because im sure i could get some excellent help here. If i wasnt exploring other avenues of business im half tempted to hang onto the Morso, but needs (and business rent) are greater than i can cope with.

Kindest regards and good luck to all of you. Thanks again :):)
Dave.