Train Print

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
wireman

Train Print

Post by wireman »

Hi Everyone

Customer has come into the shop and asked for a print, unfortunatly they are very vague in the description, No artist name anyway the picture is of 2 trains 1 entering Southampton station and 1 leaving southampton station. They reckon the artist what did that also did heavy weights at seaton. I hope somebody out there might be able to help. They come in every week checking to se if i have found it.

Thanks

Ken
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

This rings a bell, but that's all!

Check out Solomon & Whitehead - if they were the ones I once had and they were limited edn, they'll be long gone, but they could be open edition.

I think a good artist to check out also would be Don Breckon - one of Solomon & Whitehead's
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi John,

I think it might be by Chris Woods, who I think lives or lived somewhere near Southampton, he did a lot of railway paintings around that area. Some of his work was published by Newcomers Gallery, but he may have been published elsewhere too.
I hope this helps,
Mark
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Chantry Publications have a good selection of trains, they might have what you are looking for.
Ken wrote:They reckon the artist what did that also did heavy weights at seaton.
An artist/body builder then? :)

("Heavyweights at Seaton" is by B.J.Freeman if this helps.)
wireman

Post by wireman »

Hi

Thanks everyone for the information. i am now hoping Chantry fine art can help as they have picture from the artist on their site.

Thanks

Ken