How to increase market share and sales?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
bilalshreif
Organisation: Lollipopart
Interests: Framing, Conservation framing, fine art reproduction , fine art printing

How to increase market share and sales?

Post by bilalshreif »

Hello All,

I have opened my fine are reproduction studio, and added a framing service.
It is a state of the art studio, we have a Gunnar F1, a cruse scanner, 3 wide format printers, a rolls roller laminator, a GAP canvas stretcher A hasselblad scanner etc... Bottom line we have the best machinery available in the market and we are already famous for our printing quality. But the FRAMING!, we are doing a very good job in framing the finishing the clean edges and everything , and for our market the sale price was HIGH, comparing to other competitors.
Why because our competitors 99% dont spend time retouching a frame and fixing it to have a good and neat finishing. We add a full dust cover, use acid free tapes, add bumper pads etc.. they don't therefore they cost less.
I had to lower my prices and offer a extra service for a neat finishing.
Because we have this service most of our jobs are large jobs and exhibitions for photographers only because we have the printing service.
Of course these jobs are big but you only get 2 per month maximum.We dont have walk in customers for framing or households... also our location is not prime, it is not on a main road.
What i need is to increase customers who walk in to frame their pictures. I cannot change the location and i was thinking about a way to attract those customers., and i was wondering if anyone can help me.
Thanks
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: How to increase market share and sales?

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Hi Bilal,

I'm not best qualified to advise you, but one photographer/framer I know has a fantastic business in Ireland. He ONLY sells black and white. :o
Check out his website ..... it might give you some ideas to copy/adapt for the Lebanon market

http://www.gilesnorman.com/store/

Maybe some others will add their suggestions.
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg