Best way to promote my business

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
aboughtwood
Organisation: A.M.B Framing
Interests: Football watching and playing, British touring cars, world touring cars and motorsport in general.

Best way to promote my business

Post by aboughtwood »

Hi all,

Just wondered what would be the best way to promote my business locally? Also is it easy to do a website?

Adam
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Re: Best way to promote my business

Post by pramsay13 »

Word of mouth is always the best way.
I think a website is important and can be easy enough to do although if you are asking chances are it might not be. What about doing a facebook page?
You can add the business to the free listings online, e.g. yell.com, hotfrog, qype, freeindex etc.
Might be worth joining local business association, and taking an advert or two in some of the the local newsletters / brochures.
Some or all of the above will be a good start without a lot of effort.
suzidemello
Organisation: newbi
Interests: arts and artists, travelling

Post by suzidemello »

Ya right word of mouth is strongest means of all marketing tricks.

Also in modern times you really need a website and means to showcase your products online,

Here are some of the ways,

- Have a website of your own for your art works.
- showcase your artworks by opening a store on sites like ebay, amazon, google products, etc
- Show up on social sites like facebook, twitter, google+ and other social media sites
- Build your network of friends in the same business to help you with difficulties.

If you need you can go through some sites built on the same idea of artworks and custom framing like http://www.paintboxartandframing.com
Custom art and framing artworks by Ed Heck, Jane Waterouse, Micheal Magill at Paint Box Art And Framing
aboughtwood
Organisation: A.M.B Framing
Interests: Football watching and playing, British touring cars, world touring cars and motorsport in general.

Post by aboughtwood »

Thanks again to framers forum another question answered and thanks a lot for the advice and I will try all these things