HAD ANY WEBSITE QUERIES RECENTLY ?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

HAD ANY WEBSITE QUERIES RECENTLY ?

Post by Bagpuss »

Well, I hadn't had any for about a month, which is very unusual but only came of aware of it when a customer rang me and asked why I hadn't replied to her website query ?? I apologised and looked into it, luckily she was able to e-mail me the copy she had e-mailed to her. THE QUERY NEVER ARRIVED !!?? In fact, my queries had been disappearing down a black hole for the last month, no idea why and my web guy is still scratching his head!
It's the equivalent of discovering that your phone doesn't ring but you can make calls yourself, VERY SCARY INDEED, I'll give you an update when I get to the bottom of it...

Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
AndyO
Organisation: None
Interests: Land Rovers and picture framing

Re: HAD ANY WEBSITE QUERIES RECENTLY ?

Post by AndyO »

Bagpuss wrote:my web guy is still scratching his head!
Bagpuss
Time for a new web guy?
There should be oodles of logs to search through, a test server to test the functionality and a change log of all changes.
You may know when it was last known to work so how about reverting the website code back to then with the backups and test?

Anyway, I assume it's up and running again as you have the contact form live at the moment.

Just some thoughts.
Good Luck!
Andy
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Hi Adam
Just used your Contact form to send you a message, pressed submit, but didn't get a message to say it "Thank you for your enquiry, we will reply very soon" etc, etc ( or words to that effect) which lets the visitor know that the form worked :rock:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

I'd either put a contact email on your website or get another company to manage it for you if this happens.
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

Kwik, this thread is nearly a year old. I'm pretty sure Adam will have it resolved by now.