TEXT Marketing anyone ?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

TEXT Marketing anyone ?

Post by Bagpuss »

I tend to arrange appointments in my Workshop by text, it suits most customers. If they ring me direct I will then text them back with appointment details or text and give them the option to get back to me in the future.

I have just Googled Text Marketing as I wanted to be able to display a Text number with my logo on my car, let the customer text a word to me e.g. ADAM and they would get an automated reply to them.

I came across this product http://www.textmarketer.co.uk/txtus, I was just wondering if anyone uses a similar product ? After all, EVERYONE texts these days don't they ? :rock:

Thanks in advance,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: TEXT Marketing anyone ?

Post by StevenG »

Hi Adam

Sorry, this isn't an advice reply - more of a thanks for the idea update. I might just try this service y'know, it seems reasonable and worth the try. I reckon these days, with all this new fangled technology and stuff, people will be more inclined to fire off a quick txt than call (God forbid - the kids tell me noone calls anyone anymore, not the done thing apparently) or email. I'll think about it more tomorrow :)

Cheers
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

What's the difference between this service and the many SMS portals on the internet?

Could it be that there may be a cheaper way of getting the same type of service?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

Not sure, I thought someone on the Forum might already be doing something like this, customer sees your van and it says "TEXT 'FRAME' to 0787667" and they get an automated reply about your business and a link to your website, or something like that :rock:
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Mmm, maybe what you are trying to do is easier do do than you think and perhaps you don't need this text marketing package at all.

Short numbers for texting to are probably already available from your existing mobile phone service provider and if your mobile phone is an iphone, ipad, or an android phone, then perhaps all you need is the right app, or software to do it all from your mobile phone.

It may be worth noting that you can buy bluetooth keyboards for linking to bluetooth enabled mobile phones. I was considering this myself and you can buy them online from about £10. The keyboards fold in half, so that you can carry one in a convienient pocket while you are out and about.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
markw

Post by markw »

A QR code with your contact details would seem to be a good way of getting prospective customers to call you - of course this will only work with a relatively small number of tech savvy people - so you always need the back up of more conventional communications. The text marketing system you are looking at seem to add an unnecessary expense - cant see that it has any great benefit that you dont already have from your own mobile - unless you are planning on bulk texting.

There are a few potential contact apps out there that show some promise. Bump has been around for ages - but needs physical actions to transfer contact info. Evernote Hello seems to be better as when switched on can communicate with any other Hello users within range - giving them the option to accept your details. Of course they both need users to have the apps on both phones. It seems to me that the potential of these sort of devices is about to be realised. With devices like Google Glass flooding your senses with information broadcast from businesses as you wander past their shop - You can be sure that the ability to advertise yourself in this way will come about - at a price no doubt.
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

I think text marketing can be great, but you have to be careful how you do it. Offers are great, spam isn't great.