Texting from Blackberry via PC

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Texting from Blackberry via PC

Post by Bagpuss »

I had a really busy day yesterday, which was nice, quite a few calls that I always endeavour to pickup rather than send to my Voicemail.
What I normally do is ask a customer for their mobile number, then I text them my details and they can then arrange a day/time to pop round to the Workshop.

Does anyone have a facility to text via your PC so that it appears to be coming from your mobile phone ? I waste alot of time tapping on my Blackberry keyboard :head: I know there are applications that do his but was hoping to hear fro someone that is actually doing this at the moment?
Thanks,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Texting from Blackberry via PC

Post by JohnMcafee »

Skype and Smartvoip will let you send sms messages from your computer and have the sender appear to be your mobile phone number. I'm sure there are others.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

If you google free sms from internet there are loads of them, however these sites must be getting something out of it so perhaps read the small print or find a review. :D
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Of course there are paid services this one http://www.textlocal.com/ seems to get good reviews and cost about 5p a message. :D
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Can't comment on the rest but I use Skype - It's a handy little address/contact list too. And I like it because it gives me a log of all the contact I've made with people.
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Post by Tim »

Just tried that with Skype, and got the message 'not enough Skype credit' so Skype's obviously not free......
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

"Start using Skype" has been on my TO DO list for a year or so now, will definitely look into this.
Many thanks,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

On my HTC Mobil, I have a number of templates set up, just need to fill in the details and send
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Sorry, yes - Skype isn't free when using the SMS service, think it's around 5p per standard txt.
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

I found a bit of software to allow you to see / use your Blackberry on your PC, I have it on trial, price $40, I think I might get it, it save my thumbs and eyes squinting at my Blackberry, Google Impatica viaDock software .
BB_PC.JPG
BB_PC.JPG (144.89 KiB) Viewed 11479 times
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Love the screen only a picture framer could have a screen like that :giggle: :giggle: