Insurances

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Insurances

Post by Trinity »

I've had a couple of higher value things to do recently and for my sins I'm don't carry insurance for damage or loss - it's going to get rectified immediately.
I'm with NFU for everything including my equipment so will stay with them if possible - the question is what kind of cover do you folks carry please?
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
prospero

Re: Insurances

Post by prospero »

I'm with NFU and maintain enough cover for equipment/stock + a reasonable amount for customer's work in progress. If I have to house stuff that takes me over this amount I just call the NFU and arrange temporary extra cover. Which they are always pleased to do. I like the NFU because even though I don't contact them that often they seem to know who I am when I do. :D Which is nice.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Abacus
Organisation: Abacus Picture Framing and Gallery
Interests: Picture Framing, Furniture making.

Post by Abacus »

Above the required public indemnity, employee liability etc i also have stock and work in progress cover of £100,000 with a single item limit of £20,000. I don't have goods in transit insurance, so deliver only at customers risk.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

Sorted today with NFU so I'm covered but... I forgot to ask or mention goods in transit and I do deliver - good point thanks.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Also remember that if you hang a piece of work for a commercial client in a public area ie hotel office bar etc that you usual public liability will not be enough and you won't be covered, so don't be tempted. :evil: