Text marketing for the holidays

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
albertcane
Organisation: digital bluemix inc.
Interests: handling printing company

Text marketing for the holidays

Post by albertcane »

Christmas decorations have been in stores since September, and people are going crazy waiting for the holiday to arrive. Every year, it gets earlier and earlier. Though some people may have their Christmas shopping done already, most people are still looking around. In fact, it could be said that the Christmas shopping season doesn’t even really begin until Black Friday. That means you still have time to put a text marketing strategy together for the holidays.

Why use text marketing?

Because it is the holiday season, people are going to be going crazy with their shopping habits. Most people will spend more than they should while trying to please their friends and family with the best gifts. And because everyone is spending more than they should, they will all be looking for a deal, especially during Black Friday weekend. Luckily, you have the power of text advertising. It can quickly bring customers to your store and distract them from the competition. It also gives you an opportunity to interact with your customers on a more personal level, according to Business News Daily.

How it works

When you are trying to get people to your store, you just have to follow a few easy steps:

1. Make a discount: People want discounts, so if you offer a deal, it will bring a lot of people in. They will have no problem buying a few extra things while they are there as long as they get the great deal too. That is why Black Friday works so well. Yes, there are a few things that are deeply discounted, but people will pick up and buy things they see while they are there. It is worth a loss on some items if you can get more customers in the store.

2. Text the deal: If your customers don’t know about it, they won’t have any reason to come to your store. If the deal is one-day only, it will give a sense of urgency and will get all the customers to your door.

3. Position items appropriately: Customers are willing to race to the back of the store for the best deals, so put it as far away from the cash registers as possible. But the truth is, they will probably be waiting in line a long time to buy their stuff. Make sure you have a lot of small items near the registers for customers to look at and consider purchasing. This will get a lot more items purchased.

4. Survey text: Ask your customers if they were satisfied with their service through a text. If they aren't, it is something you want to know about, but if they got the deal they wanted and are excited about it, they will probably text back yes. Keeping up with your customers means you need to make sure they are happy, and what better way to do that than with a text?

Interaction

The key is interaction. Though you may find it annoying at first, staying connected with your customers will keep them happy and bring in more business. The best customer service starts with a simple text.

Mobile technology news brought to you by http://www.businesstexter.com

Source: http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5416-t ... sales.html
Graysalchemy

Re: Text marketing for the holidays

Post by Graysalchemy »

Quite Informative Spam for a change..................................

But still Spam. :evil:
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

albertcane wrote -
"Interaction
The key is interaction. Though you may find it annoying at first, staying connected with your customers will keep them happy and bring in more business. The best customer service starts with a simple text."

If you send me a marketing text, I WILL NOT BUY FROM YOU another of my pet hates :head: :head: , so I will not lower myself to send marketing text to my customers
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

I concur.
Nothing would annoy me more.
And I have these follow up text messages.
A follow up phone call is bad enough, but at least I can tell them I do not want to review how well the company did and I can assure them that they would be the first to know if they hadn't performed well.
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

We would annoy customers, with mass texting, its good idea if I had 1000 numbers to text in the first place.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

albertcane wrote:they will all be looking for a deal
I think that it does have to be said that there are some significant differences in both the trading environments and the way that discounts are used in advertising / promotion in the UK and the USA.

The discounts being advertised in the USA, don't always appear to be genuine discounts at all, since those companies which are saturating the media with discount deals are starting from an already inflated price compared to their normal independent competitors.
albertcane wrote:People want discounts
Personally, I don't think that the discount driven business model should be the first, or automatic choice for most UK based independant framing businesses.

As always there are notable exceptions, where some businesses thrive on this approach, particularly those offering frames and mounts on the internet, but the lowest possible price business model is still causing people to be employed for minimum wages, still driving business people out of business, still damaging western economies and I think that it is the wrong business model for most small businesses, especially during a recession!

There still are plenty of inteligent customers who know that you get what you pay for and are aware that cheap and quality are almost always mutally exclusive perameters. These inteligent and quality discerning customers not only spend their money with businesses who know the importance of quality products and workmanship, but also are prepared within reason to pay an appropriate price for the quality they are seeking.

It is worth mentioning that there are a lot more of this sort of customer in the population, than many people realise and therefore a worthwhile market sector for some of us to seek to develop to our advantage.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

as spam goes, on a scale out of ten: 2
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

That's quite generous! :giggle:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer