This year I MUST get my Logo on my car !

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

This year I MUST get my Logo on my car !

Post by Bagpuss »

I've had this little car below for over a year and I keep saying I must get my Logo on the car, never did ...
I do want to but would like some advice from anyone who has their car 'decorated', what are the key details to have on there, I don't want it too cluttered/fussy.
I assume web address and phone number ( land line or mobile ? ), will probably have "Commended Framer" Logo on it from the Guild, should I have a QR code to link to my website, for anyone with a smart phone that does that sort of thing ( I don't )

I AM going to get one of those Text Marketing numbers on the side of the car so you can text "FRAME" to 84520 (or similar) and you'll get an automatic reply by text with the company details, people still like to text don't they :clap:
Any advice from anyone with business details on their car would be greatly received .
cheers,
Adam/Bagpuss
IQ_car.jpg
IQ_car.jpg (72.85 KiB) Viewed 11213 times
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: This year I MUST get my Logo on my car !

Post by Steve N »

With all that on it, you're going to need a Van :giggle: :giggle:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

I take it you don't use that to transport 3M lengths :lol:
I used to have a van with name, phone number, and web address along with a small list of things I frame. I inherited it so it wasn't very exciting and I probably wouldn't have included the list, but I would have had a picture or a logo. Image
I also got a find us on facebook sticker and put that on.
Not sure how effective the signs were, in around 2 years I got about 3 people saying they saw the van. Some may well have seen it and not said, or it might have reminded them when they were planning to come in anyway.
I think phone number and web address are the two essential things so that people can contact you. A QR code is a good idea so that people can quickly scan it, might be worth getting it to link to a 10% off voucher to encourage people.
I hate the TEXT FRAME TO numbers and I would never use one but as long as there are other ways of getting in touch it wouldn't bother me.
Not sure I would bother with guild logo on your car, at that point if people get in touch it is because they are wanting a framer, not because they are choosing one framer over another.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

car signwriting.JPG
car signwriting.JPG (665.33 KiB) Viewed 11178 times
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

Haha John, some viral marketing right there.
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

That looks like a good idea Text Marketing no. on the van. We will try it
Trillian
Organisation: Considering the options. Again!
Interests: Changes on a daily basis, but I'm never without a book to read.

Post by Trillian »

It all depends how good your driving is. :D

Hubby and I used to keep a mental list of 'who not to employ' based on the quality of the driving of anyone in a sign written vehicle!!!

The list was quite long. :giggle:
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

I am not so sure about putting stuff on the car or van. I have a 5 mile drive to work and mean all sorts of morons on the road but you can never be sure whether or not they are customers as you flash them and gesticulate as you roar past (usually late) to get to work.

One time I was flying down the last straight to work and came upon a very slow vehicle in the way and was just weighing up whether I could pass it before having to turn in to the unit when said car started to indicate to go into the courtyard to the unit. It was a customer. He said "you were in a hurry" to which I replied that I was running a tad late today and hoped I didnt startle him. You can never be sure if its a customer :oops:
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I took my magnetic signs off my car for the same reason as misterdiy has said :sweating: :oops:
plus they were starting to leave marks on the paintwork as well :oops:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Personally, I'm not sure if advertising makes a lot difference, but it can cost you plenty in terms of time and money!

I don't advertise, currently not got a website, don't do facebook, or any of the other social media sites and yet people keep turning up with framing to be done!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

we tweeted a picture of a old local night spot, social Sheffield or something re tweeted it with a complementary comment, they have 54k followers the vast majority Sheffield residents, that one tweet sold us a shed load of that image, and others in the series. Back on topic, logo, web and phone number.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

We have company name, logo, phone number and website address on our van. Keeps it uncluttered and so helps people to focus on the things you want them to remember. If you have a choice I would use a landline number over a mobile partly because it helps identify where you are based but also people don't always use a mobile to contact you and phoning a mobile from a landline will cost more. Don't give them any excuse not to phone! Make sure you have a good supply of business cards in your car. You never know when you will be asked for one.

No harm in using a QR code but if you are short of space it would be the thing I would miss out.

We have always had a great response to the advertising on our van. It jogs people's memories on occasion if they need something framed and we've had plenty of new customers come in who say they've seen it driving around or parked up. Customers do love to tell us they know where we live as well, almost as if we didn't know ourselves. But we have relatives of our neighbours who have seen it parked up and then come from outside our area to use us because they've noticed the van. Like you we aren't on the high street so a certain amount of advertising is essential and this has been very cost effective and has certainly earned us more than it cost us to have it done.

You do have to be more careful with your driving but that's not necessarily a bad thing I guess. Hard to be a stealth framer though, you are spotted wherever you go (unless you use your other vehicle of course) :bandit:
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

Post by michelle »

careful driving is a must for me as I stick out like a sore thumb in our small town in Lincolnshire. I actually drive a Black Cab which has our logo etc. all over it ( Black Cab Studio) it is a great talking point and I think it reminds people that I am there as they see it around. It also acts as a great way of marking where the shop is. The Kids aren't too keen on it as it is far to embarrassing for teenagers but it works for me, I love it.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

best and most effective advertising you can get, promo on the back of your car.

business name, what town you are in, phone number or website.
something memorable -logo or catchphrase maybe.

saw a brilliant slogan on a tesco home delivery van the other day "Freshly Clicked".
I liked that, made me smile.

Black cab studio, with a black cab. It can't get much better than that. thats fantastic.

ps. we don't signwrite ours, jeep 4 litre grand cherokee wrong image for the tree huggers ;)
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, I'll post a photo of it when I have it done :clap:
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Glimpse

Post by Glimpse »

I sign-write quite a lot of vehicles in the course of my work as a graphic designer, everything from 1-man bands up to fleets. My advice would be to avoid trying to make it a "business card on wheels".

The primary reason to sign-write your vehicle is for "brand awareness", so that when someone needs a picture framing, your business is the first that pops into their head. The second reason is to stimulate people to use a framing service, or 'educate' them that this service is readily available.

Personally, I would advise against a QR code, and I would even go as far as to say that putting your phone number on is pretty pointless. Nobody EVER scans QR codes off vehicles! And from anecdotal evidence and feedback from my customers, the only people that get calls from people dialing the number directly off their vehicle tend to be builders and plumbers, usually being called by a neighbour of the house they're working on.

This is borne out by statistics from clients who use VGN telephone numbers to track where the lead has come from. In all the cases I've been involved with, calls from liveried vehicles is nil.

If you have a web presence, all that is needed is your web address, and that's simply to reinforce the fact that people can find you if they google you! Your company name and logo will do the rest. The only additional text I would recommend is a very brief list of bullet points of the services you offer.

A well liveried vehicle can be a real asset to a business - particularly something quirky like the OP's little car. I often get feedback from client's with 1 or 2 vehicles where people think they have a huge fleet of vehicles, simply because they see the same one driving round so often.

I hope this gives some food for thought!
An Old Master

Post by An Old Master »

I prefer Robo's version - it's cheap and gives you an excuse to have a mucky car ! You are rather limited to white though.
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Bagpuss wrote:Thanks for your thoughts everyone, I'll post a photo of it when I have it done :clap:
OK....You've had 7 weeks plus...how's the project coming along? Photos to share?

Honestly I think that this little white car would look great with the right graphics used...

LET'S SEE SOME PIX???

Contrary to what someone stated, White does work, as we are now on our third vehicle for our shop....and the second white van...

A simple logo and/or name on the side is important. As several have commented, it is a very inexpensive way to keep your visibility forfront in the community. When you go shopping, running errands, out for dinner...you have provided a moving mobile bill board. :clap:

I also agree that a website address...if not too complicated does work, while the QR codes probably DO NOT...

I agree that having a "marked" vehicle makes you drive better (which is a good thing)... It also makes you keep your vehicle cleaner (also a good thing!)
Steve N wrote:I took my magnetic signs off my car for the same reason as misterdiy has said :sweating: :oops:
plus they were starting to leave marks on the paintwork as well :oops:
Steve, I've honestly never been a fan of magnetic signs... to me it says "I'm a framer today, but if this doesn't work out, well back to..." too non-committed for my taste. ;-)
michelle wrote:careful driving is a must for me as I stick out like a sore thumb in our small town in Lincolnshire. I actually drive a Black Cab which has our logo etc. all over it ( Black Cab Studio) it is a great talking point....

Micehlle, I love this idea and would really love to see a picture of this marketing. What a great concept.
John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

That looks good John.

When getting our shop sign done I asked the sign company what colour is best for the background to make sign stand out the best and white was their answer, unfortunately my car is black but after seeing yours I might get it done anyway.