How has trade been during January and February?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

How has trade been during January and February?

Post by Not your average framer »

Well there was all sorts of things that I was planning on getting done, while trade is a bit slack during January and February, but I have not got the chance to do much of anything. I usually find that February is a pretty slow month for trade, but we've been taking in a good volume of work and have built up a bit of a backlog.

Considering all the negative talk about Brexit, it would seem reasonable to expect a bit of a downturn, but things are very much looking up so far and right now we are experiencing a really noticable tourist boom. There have also been quite a lot of serious sounding enquiries and I've had a lot of items selling from my two shop windows and now need to find more items to replenish my shop windows, most of which I've got to find time to produce.

If this is an indication of what to expect this year, I would say that we might be in for quite a good year ahead.

Anyone else having a good, or bad year thus far?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: How has trade been during January and February?

Post by Steve N »

Both months have been good for us, we are run off our feet, been planning on doing some projects and other jobs about the place, but have had no time, one of the reasons that I did not go to the Spring Fair, (no one seemed to mention it was happening :sweating: ) been busy in the shop and online :clap: :clap: ££££
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

One of the artists I work for had her best year yet at the spring fair.

Hope you don't mind me using your photo Keith.
20170208_121345_resized.jpg
20170208_121345_resized.jpg (263.39 KiB) Viewed 4161 times
Glimpse

Post by Glimpse »

Had a very busy January and whilst things slowed down a little last week, Feb looks like it'll be a good year too.

My business is only a couple of years old though, so it's still on that upward "growth curve", but I'm really starting to feel like I'm becoming established as the go-to framer in the area with many of repeat customers and recommendations.

I've also noticed a lot of returning customers that came for the first time in Nov/Dec to get a gift framed who have come back with a few of their own pieces.

As far as Brexit is concerned, I think we might feel a contraction in years to come as general growth slows and starts hitting people in the pocket, but at the moment, there's so much building going on in my area (Lancashire) which is always going to stimulate sales of interior design/fixtures/fittings and benefit our trade.