Handepay merchant services

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
ChrisG
Organisation: Hampshire Framing Limited
Interests: .

Handepay merchant services

Post by ChrisG »

Anyone had any experience with Handepay, particularly in relation to card processing? Apparently they will beat Worldpay on price and pay any exit fees.
Kenneycm
Organisation: Elite Framing
Interests: Cars, framing

Re: Handepay merchant services

Post by Kenneycm »

I switched to handy pay just before Christmas as I have been having endless trouble with first data for over a year.. I did discuss a contract with RMS then very quickly lost confidence in them when a card terminal turned up after telling them that I didn't want to proceed.. handy pay rep could not have been more helpful.. rates are pretty much the same across the board with other card processing companies, but I got a 4 month free from rental for terminal and I am sure is is costing me £15 per month from April.. funds are paid within 3 days too where most others seem to be 4. They agreed to pay up to £300 for my exit fees with first data but I managed to get them to agree to waive the exit fees because of the issues I have been having. Handy pay also operate a refer a friend bonus so feel free to say I recommended you to them(Elite Framing in Cupar) They pay £50 per referral who signs up to them and I'm sure the new signee get a bonus too. All in all.. I am very impressed with Handy pay so far.. feel free to drop me a pm if you want any more detailed info
Kenney
aceframer
Organisation: Ace Framing & Art Gallery
Interests: framing, art, scouting

Post by aceframer »

I used them - beware of the small print like a years notice !! a two year roll over and they hold you to it !! cost me over £600 to get out and then they wanted a fee to refurb the machine !! then had the cheek to try it on again with another roll over - I now use izettle or sumup which have no contract and I switch to whoever has the better rate that month
BlueSkyArt
Organisation: Blue Sky Framing Ltd.
Interests: Running, travelling, running, furniture making, running.

Post by BlueSkyArt »

aceframer wrote:I now use izettle or sumup which have no contract and I switch to whoever has the better rate that month
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but what do you mean by whoever has the better rate that month?
Matt
aceframer
Organisation: Ace Framing & Art Gallery
Interests: framing, art, scouting

Post by aceframer »

when you dont use one of them for a bit they drop the charges slightly to entice you to use them - currently sumup are 1.95% and izettle 2.5%, so am using sumup machine till a better rate appears from izettle - it doesnt cost me anything to not use their machine