Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Post Reply
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun 05 Mar, 2017 9:22 pm
Location: Birchington-on-Sea, Kent
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing


Post by Ed209 » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 9:36 pm

I am trading from home my work shop is a room in our house and the reception area for customers is half my attached garage.
Obviously I need insurance for public liability and also to cover accidental damage to customers work so looking for guidance and recommendations please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Posts: 1678
Joined: Fri 01 Oct, 2010 12:49 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Framing, cycling, Family, x-country skiing, wine, art
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

Re: Insurance

Post by GeoSpectrum » Sun 24 Dec, 2017 8:49 am

We use NFU, they have a policy designed for the home worker.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Plain wood frames, Inlay/tray frames and painted frames for artists.
Twitter: @AshcraftFrames
Our Blog:
Doing nothing is a much underrated activity

Posts: 633
Joined: Mon 04 Apr, 2016 8:13 am
Location: The Wash
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Insurance

Post by poliopete » Sun 24 Dec, 2017 3:48 pm

If you check old posts on this subject NFU come highly recommended. :D

Myself. I have always used a local broker and never had a problem.


User avatar
Posts: 10449
Joined: Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Insurance

Post by prospero » Sun 24 Dec, 2017 4:03 pm

I use the NFU. :yes: :D

It's a good idea to fix a base level for 'work held in trust'. If you have to keep artwork on the plot for
any length of time that goes over this level you can give them a bell and bunk up the cover for the duration.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About


Re: Insurance

Post by Jamesnkr » Wed 27 Dec, 2017 12:52 pm

Talk to your current household insurers. They may well already cover you for a low level of home working.

What you will not be covered for is:

1. Insurance if anybody else uses your Morso. Don't forget employer's liability insurance if you have anybody helping you.
2. Your customers' stock, as Prospero notes. But... if you're not framing valuable artwork then you may consider you're better off saving that expense.

Most of the cost of insurance cost is against fire.

Post Reply